A Bonnie Weekend

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
The opening of the Triumph Dealership had many excited at the prospect of a celebration with birds, bikes & beer.

One in particular was very happy with what was in the store for him.
Pikey3.jpg

Khun Dom the MD of BritBikes & Khun Nareerat did Triumph proud and put together a very good bash
DealerOpening.jpg

I had made it just in time fighting my way up Route 1,
past the possies of apehangers hogging the fast lane,
chugging along on their Harleys at 70kph with attendant flashing Vigos.

ScramblerModel3.jpg

The bugspattered Scrambler was given prime parking space with its own attendant!

On Saturday the Cheshire Cat wanted to take his Bonnie out.
A number of us joined him on a run to Charin Resort on the 118.
We met at the PTT station just outside the ringroads and headed north.
RobertH had his mate Frankie over from Hong Kong so the KTM DeathStar And Africa Twin led
RobertFranki2.jpg

with Silverhawk on his DR 650.
Dave4.jpg

Ian Bungy had brought along Tim on his exceedingly tricked out CB1300.
TimPikey1.jpg

With Marcus on his new XR 250 Jeff and myself bringing up the rear.
TriumphTrio2.jpg

Traffic was the endless crocodile Toyota chains of Vigos & Fortunas with the odd chugging HGV slowing everybody down.
RobertFrankiMarcus.jpg

Marcus Rung the neck out of his XR ably keeping up with the fast pace set by RobertH.

In just over two hours we got to Charin Resort in time for late-elevenses for those on the pie or an early lunch for the rest.

PikeyIanCharon.jpg

The evergrinning Jeff & hiss fellow Triumph rider Ian.
Marcus Silverhawk & Tim
MarcusDaverTim1.jpg

RobertH & Franki bonding
RobertFranki1.jpg

Silvehawk left us to head north to meet up with the Guv'nor - who was last seen having breakfast at the Bierstube
Unko1.jpg

On our return we turned off at Wiang Pa Pao to Phrao and headed home on the stunning 1001.
PikeyIanFrankiPhrao1.jpg

The road was patchy in parts and excellent in others.
As we filled up we saw a Thruxton roar passed - it was one of the BritBikes guys. We soon caught him up on the mountainous road as he struggled to manouvre the race replica complete with clip-ons around the twisties.
Group1.jpg

We stopped for a group shot as the sun was in its "golden hour".
Group3.jpg

As we rounded the corner we came upon the BritBikes crew with a MultiStrada rider down with a busted fairing & clocks.
He seemed shocked and with a bruised leg.
Despite the damage the Duke was rideable
IanMultiStrada.jpg

But Ian, who had nearly bought one, was quick to point out its unforgiving suspension entirely unsuited for the twisty mountain roads.

Nearer to home Pikey & I swapped British iron.
JGPiky3.jpg

The Bonnie was extremely comfortable and was great low down and mid-range.
Also it was noticeably quieter. A really really nice ride.

But the day belonged to Pikey and his Mum's Bonnie!
Pikey1.jpg

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Rhodie,

Great post mate and awesome pics as usual. Whilst I love the shots of me and the Bonnie and saturday's trip out to the pie shop with the other guys, I think the one of the PG on your Scrambler flashing her minkie takes the top award! :p It's even better than this one from last year's show courtesy of BarryBBQ:

DSC_1601Small.jpg

Damn, we have it tough living here! :lol:

Cheers,

Pikey.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Apart from Jeff getting his Bonnie was the other affair of Chiang Mai
Bike Week[surely end?]

On Sunday at least three trucks picked up the Harleys and other twqo wheeled exotica from the Mae Ping.

Yesterday two more trucks were still picking up the pieces.

BikeTruckLR.jpg

You may notice the Duke on the lift is missing bits.
Apparently 4 Ducatis on this truck load were going back damaged in various ways.
I was told that the roads here, up north, are so bad that it isn't possible to ride @ 220kph on!

Doh!!! :shock:

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
That Makes 5 Ducatis down that we know of, What is it with these Bikes??? Marcus also spotted a Totalled Yamaha Fazer. Eventful weekend!!! Another Interesting Point, Check out the Photo's Hardly any have a Plate??? Of the Harleys in a Group here yesterday only 1 Had a Plate? Very Strange that may be the Reason they are all Trucked everywhere! :wink:

Jun 21, 2006
SilverhawkUSA wrote: [quote quote=Ulysses 31]Good report Rhodie.

Sliverhawk? There must be a story behind that nickname ;)
Not really a nickname. It was the name of a Boat Charter business/hobby I did for a time before coming here. Used it to sign on the first time and "the rest is history" as they say.

http://www.daearly.com/silver_hawk.htm

Actually need a new nickname as there are just too damn many David's here.
Dave, how about BLUEY it is a populer name in Australia, (better than my Miss Pinky), especially as your DR is a nice Blue.

Was in Bangkok yesterday and parked outside a backpackers guest house was a DR650 with Aussie plates on it. Had aluminium panniers, large tank and a Horizon Unlimited sticker, looked around but wasnt able to see the owner anywhere, so these bikes are certainly doing the miles aren't they.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
tropicaljohno wrote:
Dave, how about BLUEY it is a populer name in Australia, (better than my Miss Pinky), especially as your DR is a nice Blue.
Doesn't really work like that... to be called Bluey, you've gotta be a blood nut... (red head)...

We could call him Red, which I think is actually a popular nickname in the US...

Cheers,
Daewoo

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
daewoo wrote: [quote quote=tropicaljohno]
Doesn't really work like that... to be called Bluey, you've gotta be a blood nut... (red head)...

We could call him Red, which I think is actually a popular nickname in the US...

Cheers,
Daewoo
OK, let's forget the whole idea. I know I have been called many things already. :)