A Factory visit at Tiger (Sachs) Motors , Thailand

Dec 27, 2007
My son might surprise you! He seemed quite comfortable on the Kawasaki KLX110 and this was over a year ago-
0813BabyDirt1Sm.jpg

His latest thing is stealing daddy's keys and firing up the Ninja-
020910NinjaBabySm.jpg

Thank goodness his legs aren't long enough to get it into gear! :mrgreen:

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Ride On!

Tony

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Well this 'little Tony' grows up fast !!! :wink: . You might start savings already for a KSR or Kickass for his 6th birthday !!! :lol: . So it's not the handlebars but as you said the footpegs which he is still short of.. :lol: 55555. Cheers, FR

Dec 27, 2007
Heh heh- he's growing up too fast!!! But that's life I guess...
Dunno if he can wait until age 6 for his first bike though... Seems to have his heart set on this little 50cc pocket bike :mrgreen:
121309Mir4Sm.jpg

But he hasn't figured out the concept of brakes yet, so we still have some work to do on the push bike before he get's anything with an engine! :wink:
At least he's quite good about wearing a helmet at all times-
121309Mir2XS.jpg
121309Mir1XS.jpg

Ride On!
Tony

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
mbox999 wrote: [quote quote=TonyBKK]Dear mbox,

Please let us know when date is confirmed.

Happy Trails!

Tony
Ok, 27th March at 10 AM it's confirmed now from Khun Pariya.
:D
Please advise who's coming ?
Happy trails,

mbox
Mbox
Well done organizing this so fast. I hope you get a good group of guys together. Unfortunately the 27th wont work for me either as I should be in Laos somewhere (again.)
For those going, make sure you get some nice group photos wearing GT Rider shirts. :D :D

Nov 7, 2007
mbox999 wrote: [quote quote=TonyBKK]6th works for me! (Can I bring my son?)
Tony,

i think it is ok to bring your son....so you're testing the x-road 250 and your son will be"testing" the kikass 125? 8)

happy trails,

mbox
Hi tony,

I need to correct my post here as i just had some feedback from Khun Pariya in regards of bringing children. it is:

"I would not recommend bringing a children below age 12 to the factory. It is not safe enough. "

In a way i do understand the caution -when things are fine and nothing happens it's never a problem,but when things go unexpected ways....

thanks for understanding,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
Bert on the bike wrote: Hi MBOX

Pencil me in, it depends on work if I can make it but I will try to be available. Thanks for organizing
Bert hope you can "shift" work around that date ....and looking forward to meet ya all....
mbox

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Thanks for organizing this event mbox999. I cant make that date :( , Im sure it will be a ripper event.
Cheers Rex

Nov 7, 2007
What the hell is GPS wrote: Hi, anybody from CNX likes to join us friday night 26.3.2010 on the way to the Tiger factory. We have a lot of space in the truck. :)
welcome to gt-rider and glad to hear that you can come too. Can you advice how many will currently come with you? Would like to keep Khun Pariya(from tiger motors) in the focus on this,

thank you & happy trails ,

mbox

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Tony saw a site with a coffee caddy for bikes, bet it would work for a baby bottle as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kids are great at that age keys, wait till he kicks it in gear

Can't make the trip but would enjoy seeing a report.

Things have changed so much, used to be mini bikes with lawn mower engines.

Watch it the kid will be out racing before you know it and you will have a major hole in your budget

Have fun guys

Nov 7, 2007
Dear All,

In regards of the Factory visit.
I just have re-confirmed from Khun Pariya to meet at Tiger Factory in Samut Prakarn on Saturday, 27 March 2010.
Meeting point is "Bikecare" shop just at the parking/entrance to Factory.
Meeting time is between 10.00AM-10.30AM.

Khun pariya also mentioned that he try to arrange a transfer to Bitec after the Factory visit and provides tickets for each factory visitor.

So far we are 12 people as follows:

1 ) Tony bkk
2 ) Rhodie
3 ) Bert on the Bike
4 ) Franz
5 ) Piggen
6 ) kf6vic
7 ) Chang Noi
8 ) Walter
9 ) Ramstein
10 ) Ramstein’s wife
11 ) Guest of Ramstein
12 ) mbox

did i forget someone? or do i need to remove anyone? please advise, thx.

About myself , i will have to leave right after the Factory Tour for a further appointment :cry: . Personally i would have preferred to stay with the group for a bit longer but we will have to meet at some other time, perhaps on a biketrip ;) .

Some people come a rather long distance into BKK, is anybody able to offer them some transport to the Factory in Samut Prakarn?

If i forgot to answer any questions please let me know.
Looking forward to meeting you all & the Factory Tour , sure some others look forward to testride the sachs x-road 250 :bounce: .

happy trails,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
Here some help for finding Tiger Motor's factory in Samut Prakarn,
Gps Coordinates to Tiger Factory Samut Prakarn: 13°34'59.61"N 100°37'7.85"E

Map( in thai) to Tiger Motors Factory in Samut Prakarn - use the upper map( the lower map is the one to the Bkk showroom)
4447061249_d3195febb8_o.jpg

here is another map to Tiger factory based on google maps:

4447835916_8e2d88d7bb_o.jpg

hope that helps,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007
Captain_Slash wrote: Reinhard any news on when the Sachs 250 X-road is going to be on sale?
Hi Colin, No news about the release date yet :( ..there is quite a few people already waiting...once it is available i will post it right away.
happy trails,

mbox

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Unfortunately I cannot go due to our bosses coming in this week, for all to go, have a nice day & please post your impressions of the testride. I am very much interested in the D-Trackers cousin............ :lol: . Txs & cheers, Franz

Dec 27, 2007
mbox999 wrote: [quote quote=Captain_Slash]Reinhard any news on when the Sachs 250 X-road is going to be on sale?
Hi Colin, No news about the release date yet :( ..there is quite a few people already waiting...once it is available i will post it right away.
happy trails,

mbox
Hey mbox,

Can you check with Khun Pariya that the X-road 250 will be available for test rides at this factory visit? The only reason I want to visit the factory is to test the X-road and if it's not going to be available I'd rather skip this event and get out for a ride instead.

Cheers!

Tony
650fanclubgif3.gif

Nov 7, 2007
Hi there,

Tony i just had it re-confirmed from khun pariya that the Sachs x-road 250 will definitely be there for testing on our factory visit 27 March 2010. Sorry to hear that Franz & Bert on the Bike can not join.

happy trails,

mbox

Dec 27, 2007
mbox999 wrote: Hi there,

Tony i just had it re-confirmed from khun pariya that the Sachs x-road 250 will definitely be there for testing on our factory visit 27 March 2010. Sorry to hear that Franz & Bert on the Bike can not join.

happy trails,

mbox
Thank you for your prompt reply mbox!
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Ride On!
Tony

Nov 7, 2007
Dear All,
Here is the plan for the Factory Visit on 27 March 2010...i paste Khun Pariya's email below:

Dear Reinhard

Here is a rough schedule for the SAT

10.00-10.30 meeting at the factory showroom
10.30-11.30 Factory tour
11.30-12.30 Test ride models i.e. X-road 250, Boxer 250 RS, G-max 150, Retro + sidecar, Madass, Kikass, etc.
12.30-1.00 Lunch at the factory
1.00 Van leave for the Bangkok Motorshow (free tickets provided).

Best Regards,

Pariya

Oct 5, 2007
Hi guys

I am really sorry I can not join but please make a report about the visit and specifically on the test drive impression on the x-road. I am very very interested in that.

Thanks and have fun

Bert on the bike

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Mbox,
Do you have room for myself, my daughter and her husband on this visit.
I am picking them up Thursday night, from Swampy airport and we already have tickets for the motor show, so was thinking of staying in the area anyway. If you do have room, I can let you know within 24 hours wether we will be firm attendees or not. I am interested to see how the new 250 shapes up against the D-Tracker.
Thanks, John

Nov 7, 2007
Hi John,

you and family are welcome to join:

here an updated list:

1 ) Tony bkk
2 ) Rhodie
3 ) mikerust
4 ) mbox
5 ) Piggen
6 ) kf6vic
7 ) Chang Noi
8 ) Walter
9 ) Ramstein
10 ) Ramstein’s wife
11 ) Guest of Ramstein
12 ) Johngooding
13 ) daughter of Johngooding
14 ) Husband of john's daughter

Please confirm your attendance john & Fam ,

thank you,

mbox

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Mbox, Thanks for your very quick response.
I will confirm as soon as get mail from the UK. They should be waking up in the next hour or so. Daughters name Jane. Husband Peter. He is a machinist and engineer, so should enjoy the visit.