Any trails in Hua Hin?

mawbkk

Jun 6, 2013
Are there any trails in the Hua Hin area? This video has given me some hope but I would appreciate a little more information.

Mar 30, 2010
Hi,

Have you looked on OSM?

Might be some tracks here..
http://www.openstreetmap.org

You can download the GPS file and upload to your GPS.

I have heard there are lots of good trails at the back in the hills.
But have never ventured down there as the road and traffic from Bangkok really sucks.

Usually go out and ride around Pattaya on weekends

Cheers
Brian

mawbkk

Jun 6, 2013
Hi Brian,

I did have a look on OSM and Google earth and got a few leads. If they turn out to be any good I will post my track and some pics.

I followed one of yours on Khao Kheow a few months back and had a blast, thanks for posting.

Mar 30, 2010
mawbkk;304852 wrote: Hi Brian,

I did have a look on OSM and Google earth and got a few leads. If they turn out to be any good I will post my track and some pics.

I followed one of yours on Khao Kheow a few months back and had a blast, thanks for posting.

Is that the rocky track from the top of the hill to the bottom?
Last time we tried to go down there.. ( A year ago) trees had fallen over and we couldn't get through.

Looks like it has been cleaned up.

From a couple years back.

Cheers
Brian

Mar 30, 2010
mawbkk;304852 wrote: Hi Brian,

Is that the rocky track from the top of the hill to the bottom?
Last time we tried to go down there.. ( A year ago) trees had fallen over and we couldn't get through.

Looks like it has been cleaned up.

From a couple years back.

Cheers
Brian

mawbkk

Jun 6, 2013
Yeah we started the trail at the same entrance. Is this the tree you are talking about?

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

I guess the surrounding vegetation wasn't as dense at the start of March because we were able just push through to get around that tree. All those dead leaves covering the rocks made that section pretty tricky though.

Mar 30, 2010
mawbkk;304884 wrote: Yeah we started the trail at the same entrance. Is this the tree you are talking about?

IMG_3772.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

I guess the surrounding vegetation wasn't as dense at the start of March because we were able just push through to get around that tree. All those dead leaves covering the rocks made that section pretty tricky though.
That is it.. There was a huge vegetation canopy that you had to crawl over.

Good to know that is passable again and will give it another visit.

Cheers
Brian