Asian computer compatible maps?

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I contacted four Garmin shops and the ESRI hot line they said they don't make a map that they don't have program that is compatible with the computer languages. Asian or Thailand maps. I wanted to do trip planning on the computer and then transfer it to my GPS

I've tried downloading the stuff from the Garmin web site no luck.

I know guys do this how?

Mine is a Zumo 450 purchased in America has the Asian map in in it

Marco who is good on cp0mputer projects tried it as well Peas Craft helped out with a program, no luck so far.

If I was out riding I wouldn't be thinking about this silly HUH! :roll:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ray

Our (Yours & Mine) problem is that our maps are JPEG(Picture format) and thats why we cant work with Mapsourse and do our maping.

If our maps would be so called vector maps then we could work out routes in mapsourse
like explained below!
Download cGPSmapper Shareware 0.87cGPSmapper Shareware 0.87 is designed as a smart and useful program which allow to convert vector maps in file(s) of a format understandable by your Garmin GPS receiver and Garmin MapSource software.

With cGPSmapper you will be able to produce maps, which works with all Garmin mapping devices. cGPSmapper can work with several different input format files - ESRI files, OziExpolorer files and easy to understand text based Polish Format files.
i just found this from web since you took it up this issue, so might be time to try what this cGPSmapper can do.
http://www.cgpsmapper.com/

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Guys,

I have seen this comment before that the map is in jpeg format. The ESRI map comes normally on a CD and can be uploaded to the GPS. Somehow ESRI does not want the map uploaded to Mapsource on the computer. There is a work around though which is actually quite simple. I will send you a PM on how to do it.