Battery charger...

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Just for info if needed:

The CTEK XS800 model "permanent" battery charger is available in RICHCO Harley shop in CNX...

It's one "plug-it-and-forget-it" battery charger... Comes with cables and stuff needed, but no cigarette-lighter plug or DIN plug :cry:

Price: 3000 Bahts.
Compared with what I could find on the web in Europe, if you add shipping cost and import fee, price is correct (IMHO)...

Cheers,
Gobs

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Gobs,

Why not to choose the reference with the Optimate 3, this charger is also distributed by Red Baron for a reasonable Thai price...

http://www.optimate-sp.com/

In fact I have 3 of them, one for each bike and let it allyear long plugged. It does the work perfectly analyse, discharge, charge...for a good maintenance of the battery.

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
I've been using an Optimate for about 10 years (travel away for weeks at a time). It's magic, really extends the life of your battery if you dont ride for extended periods. Plug it in and forget it.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
AZOULAY wrote: Hi Gobs,

Why not to choose the reference with the Optimate 3, this charger is also distributed by Red Baron for a reasonable Thai price...
Azoulay mate, are you sure you are not a partner in, or at least on commission from Red Baron as I really can't recall a post of yours where you don't mention them..... ;-)

Agree, any of these Optimate style battery tenders are great for extending the life of a battery in a bike that's often stood for longer periods and I'd reckon 3k baht is reasonable for here.

Cheers,

Pikey.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends, hi Pikey,

Thanks for the remark but I like to share with others when something seems to be good...

The Optimate charger is a good accessory to have especially when you have long period of inactivity like i have when I am in Europe.

On an other hand Red Baron is the offical dealer from Optimate (just visit their site, you'll understand), and last I have a great opinion of them, without being partner and without getting any kind of commission (unfortunatelly as it seems to be a good business).

Have fun