Bike Rental in Pakse?

Mot

Jul 24, 2008
Hello,
I am not sure I am interested to ride to south from Vientiane To Pakse and more to the south.So I wonder if it is possible to rent bike (250cc) in Paksé?
Mot

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
The last time I was there (February 08), the Lanekham Hotel had a few Baja's 250 for rent.

Aug 27, 2007
I also saw a few Bajas for hire in Pakse in July. Sorry I can't remember any specific locations.....make sure you go up onto the Bolaven Plateau when your there...allow a few days if possible.

Mot

Jul 24, 2008
Thank you Noel.I hope I will.I've been to Paksong and tad fan few years ago and I 'd like to go "further".

Mot

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Yes, Lankham has a pair of Baja 250 for rent but may not want to send them one way to Vientiane, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

If you need, I can do the shipping and all this as I've done it many times.

Oct 23, 2006
Last time I checked, Green Discovery allows you to start at Vientiane and end at Champasak (near Pakse). Of course, you need to pay extra for the transportation of the bike back to Vientiane.

Jun 25, 2008
It's probably better to just rent in Pakse... for my Laos trip I just put my bike on the bus for the Vientiane - Pakse run (16 hours), since the road isn't particularly interesting or scenic.

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Hwy 13 isn't very interesting for sure but you need to know where to look. If you have time there are many different ways to get to Pakse or up to Vientiane. A friend had a sticker on the back of his bike and it read "If this bike is in a pick up - it's being stolen."

Part of having the motor and wheels is to ride for the price to ship a bike, you can ride plus a little more to Pakse and actually see more of Laos. A stop in Savanakhet, Seno or Thakek makes the run easier time wise and if you stretch to 3 days is you aren't in such a hurry - many options abound.

For those on the forum that would like information or help planning a trip and to keep you ride off the bus, email me and I'll be happy to write something up you can use a base guide.

Last time I was in Pakse I was on a trip and one rider had to fly to Bangkok and we did ship the bike up. While I was at the Lankham, I checked out the rides. Our bikes had just been beaten to hell on bad road and thrashed but looked in better shape than the ones there. I'd rent from Lankham if I wanted to make shorter runs but nothing big. There are never more than 2 bikes there at a time.

Laos is a rider's country. I'll support Lao tourism by riding the bike as much as I can and am strong in support of getting out somewhere different and seeing more. Bikes on bus rooftops don't do it.

Mot

Jul 24, 2008
Something new for me is that after I've tried a 250 TTR I will not rent a Baja anymore.
Something else,yesterday I have been to Phou Ko Kuai with a fantastic bike,a 250 WR.Really fantastic!!!!I will post pictures

Mot

Jul 24, 2008
P1030279.jpg

P1030304.jpg