Bira track day

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
Bira race track

Some pictures of me! me! me! and my new GSX1400.

DSC_4215.jpg

Bira is a great track and the day was very well organised by Graham and High Side Tours.

DSC_4199.jpg

Bira is near Pattaya on the 36. From Bangkok, when the 7 runs out, turn left onto the 36 instead of right (for Pattaya). Bira is on the right hand side next to the country club (big sign).

DSC_4209.jpg

It's about two hours from Bangkok although I did meet a couple of guys who claimed to have done it on their VTR and Hayabusa in one hour.

DSC_4215.jpg

DSC_4229.jpg

DSC_4233.jpg

And finally. A sea plane on top of a petrol station. That's not me in the picture; he's just putting petrol in. When I asked him why there was a sea plane on the roof, he seemed not to have noticed it.

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
There is another one of these track days on Saturday 1 March.

Cost, if you are riding, is 1000B in advance or 1500B on the day. Contact Graham if you want to pay in advance: graham_r_knight at hotmail dot com.

The last two track days have had a really good atmosphere with about 60 bikes; mainly Thai riders.

Helen and I will be heading to Patts from bkk on Friday straight after work. That way I can be fresh on Saturday and ready to resume my utter domination of the midfield of the slow group.

Oct 12, 2005
Glad to see you had a fun time at Bira. A really fun way to enjoy your bike in a bit more controlled environment.
Bira is a great track
It is as long as you stay on the track. Its a bit unforgiving than most tracks in regards to runoff room with a cement Armco running its entire perimeter 30 feet off the track. Can be a bit daunting when a slide goes to far or the front end tucks :shock: .

Really surprised with his turn out. Thats an impresive number and great to see.

deckx

Feb 21, 2008
Think they were the same leathers that i had on the Nov track day, did you borrow them from Graham ??

Excellent day out, i went into the intermediate group by mistake and was wondering why i was getting passed out :roll:

I will miss the Mar 1 as I'm not going back till mid March. :(
The track is open every Sunday morning 8-12 if there is not another event on so thats where i will be every sunday :D check on the bira website

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
Yes, those are Graham's leathers. Was it you that left all that black flakey stuff in them?!

I now have my own leathers now so we won't need to squabble. Perhaps I'll see you there one Sunday.

Jun 21, 2006
a great track day put on by graham and david, great value at 1000baht and well over an hour and a half on track. beats 3 rain interrupted sessions in england at a cool 120pounds thank you very much. anyone wanting too push their bike a bit further in a safe environment then these highside tours events are very well recommended.

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
Looking here:
http://www.thai-superbike.com/
it looks like the Monday 19th May is the first day of 3 days of HST training. I think Graham doesn't mind people joining in but he will be teaching clients.

It also suggests that there MIGHT be a proper track day on Saturday 3rd May, but there is no mention of it here: http://www.bira.co.th/n5-calendar.php?t ... fYear=2008

HST have their own forum http://www.highsidetours.com/bbforums/index.php which you would expect to hot up as an event nears but don't expect a speedy response in the mean time.

You have to be Hercule Poirot.

E3L0

Sep 17, 2006
Not a track day tomorrow (May 3rd) but Bira should be available to bikes in the morning. Me and a few others are planning to be there.

Dave