Books, Ewan Mcgreger + Charlie Boorman. (SOLD...).

Oct 24, 2009
I have the set of books:

Long way round,
Long way down,
Race to Dakar,

I want to get rid of them but I don't want 20 baht from Gecko books !

All good condition and a very good read.

Stu.

Thomo

Feb 3, 2010
Picked up the first two in a 2nd hand shop on Khao San for 300b each. Originals, not photocopies. Good reads, especially having download both the TV series.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I checked Gecko Books online.................

Long way round, = 300 baht in stock at Gecko Books
Long way down, not available
Race to Dakar, = 290 baht in stock at Gecko Books

So if you want the set, "Wild Pikey's offer seems a good source.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I'm reading "By All Means" by Charly Boorman at the moment, good read, he's making his way from Wicklow in Ireland to Wollongong in Australia on anything that moves.

It's a big phat book with lots of color photos, UK pounds 12,99 new.

Anybody interested in the book let me know...

You can also download the videos.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
KZ wrote: I'm reading "By All Means" by Charly Boorman at the moment, good read, he's making his way from Wicklow in Ireland to Wollongong in Australia on anything that moves.

It's a big phat book with lots of color photos, UK pounds 12,99 new.

Anybody interested in the book let me know...

You can also download the videos.
That should be "By Any Means", and it should be "He's MADE his way from...."

I rode in the convoy from Wollongong to Sydney tp end the series about 3 years ago... one of the scariest things I've ever done... 1,000 bikes, all trying to be superstars and get on the camera... through peak hour Sydney traffic...

I even have the sticker on the back of the KLR...

Cheers,
Daewoo

jon

Nov 3, 2006
Actually I think the statement " he's making his way " is correct because the guy said that he is " reading " the book at the moment and therefore the story of the journey is not yet finished. Also I don't think your correction to " he's made " ( he has made ) is right either because that might imply that he is still there and the journey is not yet over. I think " he made " the journey is probably the best way to say that the journey is finished. No offence intended and if I am wrong I will stand corrected.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
jon... you are probably right... "pa don't go much for book learnin"
:D

Be intersting to know if the book was any good...

Any chance of a review wildpikey???

I read LWR and thought it was really good...

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Hey, english is my second language, give me a break! :)

Of course the title is not "By All Means" - I stand corrected. I mean who in his right mind would travel to Australia by all means? Not even the Irish.

That I'm reading the book, though, is a fact.

Shouldn't it be "all TRIED to be superstars and get in front of the cameras"? That's definitely in the past... ;-)

Oct 24, 2009
Yes, fortunately Charlie Boorman had Ewan for company on the "bike trip" books. The LWR and the LWD were good reads, as was the TV show.

Unfortunately, Charlie Boorman is exactly like the name says, "a right boring cunt!" sorry to be coarse.

So the third book, race to Dakar, was a bit shit really,(he lasted about a day and is a pussy by the sounds of things) also the "by any means" TV series was very sad too. He was trying to make a buck off the fact that he knew Ewan really.(my opinion only)

Stu.

Feb 23, 2010
Hey Stu, thanks a lot for the books again. I started reading the first one on the way back to Bangkok and enjoying it so far. I rented an ER6N on my second day in Chiang Mai. Great combination :)

Oct 24, 2009
no worries mate, enjoy, I hope you also enjoyed riding round chiangmai, I'd better edit this post to say the books are gone now.

Cheers.