Cambodia tour late 2011 or early 2012- anyone interested?

Jun 9, 2011
Hi there. My name is Lachlan, 24 from Australia (Adelaide). Ive been interested in a tour of Cambodia for the past couple of years, and as I have free time at the end of this year I have finally decided to take the plunge and do it. I was planning on doing a solo tour, but after finding this site I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in joining for part/all of my tour? I think it will be about 10-20 days but have not decided on routes at all.
I shall be frequenting this site so please PM here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks, and I hope to hear back from you!

Cheers
Lachy

Jul 18, 2009
Lachlan, how do you plan to do it ? Fly into Cambodia direct or enter via Thailand ? What type of bike were you thinking of using ?

Gary

Oct 26, 2009
Hey Lachlan

I completed a weeks tour through the Cardamoms, Cambodia a few years ago now. There was two groups, one arriving into Cambodia from Thailand and the other kicking off from Phom Phen. We were suppose to meet but things got a bit messed up, anyway that's a different story.
The tour was great fun and I am keen to do something similar again. I will keep a keen eye on your thread and hopefully your dates will tie in with my work schedule and I can join you for all or part of your tour. I know of a few others who might be keen on this too, let's see how things progress.
There is some great threads on this forum from people who have travelled around Cambodia with lots of great info to give you food for thought with your planning. I've only done it once and still have the routes etc if it helps. I'm no expert on Cambodia but will try and give you all the help I can. I'm sure you'll get lots of assistance from the more experienced travelers and there's plenty on here.
Your first concern must be acquiring a reliable bike from a reliable source, do as much research into these Cambo rental companies as you can.

Good Luck
Johnny

Oct 12, 2005
I believe people prefer to travel with like minded companions. Give us an idea on what you would like to get out of the trip, what you would like to see, type of riding you would prefer and riding background and that may open a few doors a bit easier. I've ridden a couple trips into Cambodia and had a blast both times, I rode solo and with people and enjoyed it both ways. In fact thats how I met Johhny Sneds on a ride to Cambo so the message boards can be a great resource. keep in touch.

Sep 1, 2011
Gday Lachie,

I am interested in joining. I live in Phnom Penh and originally from Adelaide too!

I've got an XR400R and planning a trip too but trying to work out my leave plans atm.

Let us know when you will be here.

The public holidays (Khmer holiday schedule) is the best time for me.

I would prefer to go with other riders for safety reasons.

If we can work out some solid dates I might be able to scrounge up some other local riders too.

I have the Adventure Cambodia motorbike touring guide book but its from 2008, but its VERY detailed. I have yet to get a GT-Rider map.

When I did a tour around the Chiang Mai region in Thailand I found the maps GT-Rider produces are worth their weight in gold.

Anyway let us know.

Cheers,

Brendan