CM-Mae Suai-Fang-Samoeng Loop

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
Put a set of the new Dunlop Qualifiers on the TL yesterday, and thought I’d give them a try today.

I took route 118 past Doi Saket heading north towards Chiang Rai. They have patched most of the potholes going through the mountains. That endless road construction north of Mae Khachan is just about completed.

At Mae Suai I took a left on Route 109, climbing the mountains towards Fang. This is the first time I have ridden 109. The first half of it was newly paved and oh so smooth. Lots of really nice 50-110 kph turns with no nasty surprises. Just the way I like them. [:p] This is an excellent ride. Coming down the mountain the pavement is older, but still decent.

At route 107 I took a left and headed to Chiang Dao. As always, this is an entertaining stretch of road. South of Chiang Dao there was some pretty awful road construction that really muddied up the evil twin. [V]

At Mae Rim I was still craving more twisties, so I decided to top the day off with the Samoeng circuit (loop). My favorite scratching grounds.

Sorry about the lack of pics. When riding alone, I can’t bring myself to stop and shoot ‘em. By the way, the Dunlops are really nice tires that instill lots of confidence. They seem to work better than the Michelin Pilot Powers - on my bike anyway.

CRW_0006.jpg

Nov 14, 2004
Wimpy, those yoshy pipes would have a bark like a junk yard dog,( deep an mean), you'd carve up the bends, ride hard stay young, Scott.

wimpy

Jan 31, 2005
quote:

Originally posted by scot harper

Wimpy, those yoshy pipes would have a bark like a junk yard dog,( deep an mean), you'd carve up the bends, ride hard stay young, Scott.

Great for setting off car alarms and scaring old ladies. [}:)]

Sep 14, 2005
Hi Scott, I've had the pleasure of fanging Wimpys TL and comfirm those yoshies bark like a bad junk yard dog!!!
Sounds like a top ride Wimpy, man I miss those roads. Took the Motodd for a fang last W/end,
actually found a corner and had to lean a bit to get around it but only at 200+km/h!!!
Talk soon
Rob