Crossing from Cambo to Thailand, how long can my bike stay?

Apr 15, 2007
Hello. I am wanting to bring my Cambodian registered bike to Thailand for an extended holiday. Can anyone tell me how long they normally allow my bike to stay? I have scoured the forum, but haven't found a general consensus. Thanks in advance.

Oct 1, 2009
The bike can stay as long as you can, you can extend your visa and bike papers in BKK, immigration for you and customs house for the bike, takes an hour and costs 100 baht for the bike paper extension.

Sep 1, 2009
Well for me a month ( koh kong ). and that was on a 12 month retiree visa,.and i tried my best to get longer, no good

Oct 1, 2009
Mate, you need to extend bike visa at the Customs House, go to Silom intersection with Sathorn RD, ask cops for directions. you show your visa, buy a stamp, go to another office for extennsion. Easy, you may extend in country 3 months maximum. This also applies to Laos. :happy2: :happy2:

Oct 1, 2009
chickin wrote: Hello. I am wanting to bring my Cambodian registered bike to Thailand for an extended holiday. Can anyone tell me how long they normally allow my bike to stay? I have scoured the forum, but haven't found a general consensus. Thanks in advance.
Chicken, seen your name before, are you on an Aus or Tazi forum? :happy2: