Delivery from USA with UPS: is it OK?

Jan 12, 2003
I've made a few online purchases from USA in the past. UPS are a bloody nightmare and I'd avoid using them at all costs. The last time, I had a some camping and fishing equipment arrive in Bangkok, and the staff involved in processing the parcel through Customs in BKK could not comprehend the item details from the invoice descriptions! The problem item was a folding camp bed, with a FREE canvas "Organiser" accessory! All correctly listed in the Furniture taxation category... it took DAYS of email exchanges, with photos from the online catalogue etc, before they would attempt to clear the package through Customs. THEY (UPS) changed me 2600 baht (on TOP of the US$70 already paid for delivery!!!) for their extra time in processing the delivery...

Customs changed me another 5000 baht, which included 3000 baht STORAGE while this charade went on, PLUS TAXES!!! So, I'm out nearly 8000 THB on a package of less than 10,000 THB total value... And the item that cost me the most grief was a FREEBIE!!! That shit re-set my fun-meter to zero, I can tell you.

Since then, I insist on dispatch via USPS, and have had no problems, ever!

I've just registered on http://www.shipito.com and paid $50 for the annual parcel consolidation service. I've now ordered a luggage rack / sissy bar for the Vulcan, plus a couple of other smaller items from different sources. I will be happy to report on service efficiency and delivery etc, as the saga unfolds...

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Hi admin (?),

I heard already of such stories...
About 2 years ago I had such a problem with FEDEX for one dozen of books ordered in France: they considered it was too many books for one person. They had in head I was a dealer of some sort here in CNX! At the end (maybe after one week of calls and e-mails), fortunately all sorted well.

This last time, I guess I was lucky with the low taxes amount I had to pay for my parcel delivered by UPS...

I heard too of SHIPITO... It maybe a good alternative.
Thanks in advance to let us inform how it goe for you.

Cheers,
Gobs