Disappearing post

rcm273

Nov 3, 2013
Hat Yai, TH
1. Wrote a new thread with pics hosted to imgur, pressed submit, it dissapeared.

2. Created a post 'test' with body 'test' - pressed submit - fine.

3. Amended the post to title of my original post and pressed submit, all OK. The post is appearing on the main 'southern ...' forum page.

4. Pasted in the main body text, pressed submit. The whole post vanishes from the face of the earth.

any clues ?

Mar 30, 2010
It should be there now.. Need to check with the Admin.

Looks like after submitting the post is set to pending..

You had 4 attempts at it :)

I have fixed up one.. Let us know if that is OK..

Sure Admin will clarify what happened soon.

Cheers
Brian

David

Mar 23, 2009
www.GT-Rider.com
To be honest we are not sure why this is happening .

Once your  first post is approved you should be ok after that, but I note the same things was happening with Jurgen's post the other day & we had to keep re-approving the post.

David

Mar 23, 2009
www.GT-Rider.com
This is supposed to be what is happening
To help reduce spam in bbPress forums, the Moderation plugin will change the status of new topics and replies to 'pending'. Any pending topics/replies will be shown as 'Awaiting Moderation' until the administrator approves publishes them.

Features

Blog administrator can be notified of new topics and replies requiring moderation.
Anonymous postings can always be marked for moderation.
Registered users can post without moderation after the first topic/reply is approved.
A bubble counter is shown on the Topics and Replies menu to indicate the number of posts awaiting moderation.
Pending topics/replies are styled to give the submitting user a 'hint' that the new topic/reply is pending
Obviously there are still some hiccups. We are checking why.

J

Javawa

Would it not be easier, when a post needs moderation, that a message would be displayed that the OP would see a message that his/her post needs to be approved by the moderator instead of seeing the post disappear in thin air without any warning

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
[quote quote=257321]My post still hasn’t appeared after editing .. [/quote]

Fixed your post (I think) & changed your forum status to participant.

Hopefully you are ok now.