Ducati in Thailand

May 8, 2010
Hi All.

I'm just curious why there is no "Ducati in Thailand" thread? They have been opening up new showrooms across Thailand including here in Phuket. I was there today and was going to post some info I got about the Hypomotard and Monster lease special they are running this month. I'm just waiting for a similar deal to come out on the 848, which I am told may happen.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
ScubaNinja wrote: Hi All.

I'm just curious why there is no "Ducati in Thailand" thread? They have been opening up new showrooms across Thailand including here in Phuket. I was there today and was going to post some info I got about the Hypomotard and Monster lease special they are running this month. I'm just waiting for a similar deal to come out on the 848, which I am told may happen.

Start one off & see if there is any interest /contributors.

May 8, 2010
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=ScubaNinja]Hi All.

Start one off & see if there is any interest /contributors.
Ok but a mod needs to put up the pretty Ducati flag tho. :)

Edit: It looks like a mod would need to start a new topic if it's to be alongside the Yamaha, Kawasaki, BMW, Triumph, Sachs etc.

Jul 17, 2007
ScubaNinja wrote: I'm just curious why there is no "Ducati in Thailand" thread?
Well, maybe after seeing similar threads on ThaiVisa degenerate into negativity regarding price (you can buy 3 bikes for the price of an 848, you know?), that Ducatis are for those with "money to burn", the high maintenance costs compared to made-by-Somchai Kwakers and their general unsuitability for this and that from the usual suspects (who've likely never ridden a modern Ducati), maybe people just can't be bothered starting a thread and reading the same old bollocks.

You know what I mean! :yawn:

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Ducati is a Brilliant Bike and have a bit of a Cult following. I am definitely Interested in the New Hypermotard 796 but as We are stretching Our Budget somewhat this Year I am just watching for now but one day.......
As with all Bike Threads it would be Nice if the actual Company would get involved and Post Specials or events etc but as We can See from all the other Companies threads this is Not done apart from Local Owners who get in on the Act.
Anyway No Harm in starting a Thread as even if it isn't used much at least it is there if Needed???? :happy2:

Sep 22, 2008
Rustic. Funny enough but its usually YOU that cause the Ducati threads to go down hill with your one liner caustic comments on other brands. And its generally YOU that states how elitist Ducati are here in Thailand. Any way when YOU start and run a constructive thread with news and info about Ducati's. I'm sure many people will be interested, including myself.
Happy and safe riding :happy2:

Nov 7, 2007
There's a BMW form, why shouldn't there be a Ducati forum.

@rustic please keep your gripes in the TV forums where they belong thanks ;)

Jul 17, 2007
Not 'gripes' but merely observations. And valid ones at that I think but if mods disagree, I'll happily edit my post.
Yes, yes thaicbr, I'm to blame. I killed Jimmy Hoffa as well, you know.

Looking forward to your next trip report. :wink:

Sep 22, 2008
Who's Jimmi Hoffa? What bike did he ride?

ahhhh Rustic you old tease. I checked on google jimmi didnt ride :thumbup:

Trip report? sorry working to hard so i can buy a new bike to go on a trip :smile1:

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

Ho, ho, ho, already round 3 days I didn't visit the forum and it's already La Revolution !

Talking about Ducati without us -I mean Monsterman and me- is talking about a French meal without cheese, or to be more understandable a woman without tits....

Here are the true Ducati fans, at least for me the one who sweted some 6 month through all administration to get the paper done after having imported a brand new 2006 Ducati 1000 Monster S2R direct from Ducati Italy in summer 2006.

What was my surprise when opening the wooden box palett freshly home delivered from the port thanks to ADV Thailand to see that the battery was missing and to discover in the meantime that a legal importer was existing -DUCATISTI-...

Personnally I am completly fan of this bike, which represents for me all the genius and spirit of Italy. So if you want to open a thread on it I am ready to do it with you and support.

For those who are interested as well, I have the ECU tuning computer tool with the harness...

So let us launch the thread but please refrain from writing about injurious costs of the Ducatis, because "Quand on aime, on ne compte pas"....Something like "when you love you don't count"...OK Friends, let us join our efforts at annimating a Ducati thread, I'm with you.

David, please the floor is yours !

And keep The Power On with Ducatis...Forza Italia !

Oct 17, 2006
I will contribute to a Ducati forum ...I own 3 of the beasts at the moment and have owned and worked on many others .

monsterman

May 8, 2010
Rustic Charm wrote: [quote quote=ScubaNinja]I'm just curious why there is no "Ducati in Thailand" thread?
Well, maybe after seeing similar threads on ThaiVisa degenerate into negativity regarding price (you can buy 3 bikes for the price of an 848, you know?), that Ducatis are for those with "money to burn", the high maintenance costs compared to made-by-Somchai Kwakers and their general unsuitability for this and that from the usual suspects (who've likely never ridden a modern Ducati), maybe people just can't be bothered starting a thread and reading the same old bollocks.

You know what I mean! :yawn:
Honestly Terry it never crossed my mind because A) They are usually just F-ing with you, and 2) I don't care. Not but a couple posts here and there which seem to have been blown out of proportion. Same guys were slagging off my Ninja as a "two pot imitation of a sport bike suitable only for grocery shopping" a "wannabe", if you recall. Every board I see you on you take stuff seriously when it isn't intended to be. I grant you sarcasm is hard to detect through a computer monitor.

thaicbr wrote: Rustic. Funny enough but its usually YOU that cause the Ducati threads to go down hill with your one liner caustic comments on other brands. And its generally YOU that states how elitist Ducati are here in Thailand. Any way when YOU start and run a constructive thread with news and info about Ducati's. I'm sure many people will be interested, including myself.
Happy and safe riding :happy2:
Funny, I was going to say the EXACT same thing. But now I can just say
"ditto." Nail on the head thaicbr. Again, Terry hasn't figured out that it's he who these "Ducati haters" are taking the piss, not Ducati. Here I was all excited to see the Ducati topic created, then to see it's already been soiled by RC. :roll:

Thanks David for creating the thread. I hope I can contribute something, and maybe someday I may actually be able to show up with one of these fine machines, especially if they offer a lease option on the 848 like they have with the Hypomartard (you hear that Ian?) For now my little 650R and I will just have to endure the constant belittling. :happy4: :thumbup:

Jul 17, 2007
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]
Constructive contributions please & no slagging off.
THANKS.
Fine by me. Might want to check what 'the usual suspects' are posting.
ScubaNinja wrote: Again, Terry hasn't figured out that it's he who these "Ducati haters" are taking the piss, not Ducati. Here I was all excited to see the Ducati topic created, then to see it's already been soiled by RC.
David, does the no-slagging rule only apply to my posts?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Rustic Charm wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl][quote quote=Davidfl]
Constructive contributions please & no slagging off.
THANKS.
Fine by me. Might want to check what 'the usual suspects' are posting.
ScubaNinja wrote: Again, Terry hasn't figured out that it's he who these "Ducati haters" are taking the piss, not Ducati. Here I was all excited to see the Ducati topic created, then to see it's already been soiled by RC.
David, does the no-slagging rule only apply to my posts?
Yes ALL of you please don't waste my time posting useless crap that I / we have to check. Why bother, if you don't have anything constructive to contribute.
You've got an opportunity to build up a nice Ducati forum, use it wisely or.......
You've ALL been warned now!

Oct 17, 2006
Not all ducati owners in thailand are HISO .......and not all HISOs are arrogant A*h0les , i am just a regular scumbag so there .

CeiDuc

Dec 15, 2009
Hi guys,
Well I own an 2004 999S with just over 11,000kms on the clocks. Having the bike up north (my case Chiang Rai) is a blessing for all the great roads to play...ur ride on.. The unfortunate thing is I just don't get enough time with work to ride my beasty. I was going to insert some pictures but obviously the forum isn't set up for PC photo uploads apart from hotlinking to other web based photo sites.
Cheers all :wink:

CeiDuc

Dec 15, 2009
My pride & joy 2004 999S 8) Lots of mods and plenty of carbon fiber.

09042010009.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg
IMG_5009.jpg

Clutch needs dusting off
IMG_5008.jpg

Thailand made frame plugs by Chicane Moto in Bangkok
IMG_5007.jpg
IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg
IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg
IMG_5014.jpg

AceCafe.jpg

And my current mods plus wish list, if anyone is interested :mrgreen:

2004 DUCATI 999S - 11,000kms

CARBON FIBER

1. Front Guard (999R)
2. Ram Air Tube Covers
3. Front Sprocket Cover
4. Rear Hugger
5. Muffler Cover
6. Exhaust pipe guard
7. Tank Protector
8. Vertical cylinder belt cover
9. Oil Cooler shroud

ENGINE

1. PCIII USB
2. Termignoni Full Exhaust
3. Corse Silicon Pipes
4. 999R radiator deep core (it works well, apart from traffic snarls, the bike runs around 79-84*C)
5. Digital Gear Indicator (new - not fitted)
6. After market clutch slave
7. Billet Speedymoto Clutch cover
8. Speedymoto pressure plate, springs and retainers

FRAME

1. Aftermarket Grips
2. Ohlins Steering Damper
3. Sexy-Moto Frame Plugs
4. Sato Rear Sets (bloody nice)
5. Ergal rear brake carrier
6. Ergal rear chain adjuster
7. Powder Coated Wheels
8. Aftermarket Brake lines
9. DP Mirrors
10. DP Reservoir Covers
11. DP Steering Head Nut
12. Double Bubble screen
13. Dzus Fasteners
14. Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro's (too much tyre for the street in my opinion)
15. Acculign Upper Triple Clamp
16. Titax Racing brake & clutch levers (excellent quality, made in the CZECH Republic) http://www.titax.com/
17. Powder Coated Fuel Cap

FUTURE MODS/UPGRADES

1. Titanium Goodies
2. Battery Yuasa 04R1, half the size but the same punch (no I don't want a SpeedCell battery)
3. Updated Battery box (04R1 battery size issue)
4. Seal Wiring Harness (Water proofing: I'm sourcing some Yamaha wiring harness boot covers)
5. Setup suspension (it feels nice, but feels a bit too soft-not sure though)
6. Ducati tools (lots of)
7. More Dzus Fasteners
8. 2005 999 Swingarm (the strong one)
9. more to come

CeiDuc

Dec 15, 2009
Davidfl wrote: CeiDuc
That's one hell of a nice bike. Thanks for posting, especially with all those photos.
:thumbup:
Thanks for the kind words David,

This bike is definitely a keeper. Thundering around the hills puts a smile on everyones face, including mine.

I actually want to get my hands on a SS900 (old school bevel), but they're as rare as rocking horse sh$t. If you hear of one, let me know.

Cheers,
Garry

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
CeiDuc wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]CeiDuc
That's one hell of a nice bike. Thanks for posting, especially with all those photos.

This bike is definitely a keeper. Thundering around the hills puts a smile on everyones face, including mine.

I actually want to get my hands on a SS900 (old school bevel), but they're as rare as rocking horse sh$t. If you hear of one, let me know.

Cheers,
Garry
If I'm right you're in Chiang Rai, no?
Lets get together for a ride & some photos sometime...
I should be riding over to Nan end of the week & the Duke will sound nice in those rolling hills!
PM me with your mobile # & we can keep in touch.
Ben the GT Rider webmaster is in CEI, David Learmonth is at Mae Chan / Chiang Saen, plus Ian at http://www.viangyonok.com/

CeiDuc

Dec 15, 2009
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=CeiDuc][quote quote=Davidfl]CeiDuc

Cheers,
Garry
If I'm right you're in Chiang Rai, no?
Lets get together for a ride & some photos sometime...
I should be riding over to Nan end of the week & the Duke will sound nice in those rolling hills!
PM me with your mobile # & we can keep in touch.
Ben the GT Rider webmaster is in CEI, David Learmonth is at Mae Chan / Chiang Saen, plus Ian at http://www.viangyonok.com/
Hi David,

That's correct, but I'm out of country (Middle East) at the moment working. I probably won't be back until early August. My wife is taking care of the 999 (not riding it). The bike is on a battery tender with a full tank of Shell V Power waiting for my return. I am 100% up for a ride. What's your current ride now mate. My last bike was a Middle East spec 2004 R1, now sold. Awesome bike, but impossible to import without getting raped at customs.

Does Ben own ABC Cafe in Chiang Rai? I was checking out the coffee shops and saw that name under ABC's info. I google mapped marked the cafe to ensure I visit there for some brekky next time I'm home.

Cheers
Garry

edit: David I just noticed that you have a Honda XRV750 Africa Twin . I won't be hitting the dirt mate or is that just one of your bikes? :D