Engine Ice Coolant

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I'll pass on the Kevlar last time I wore it, it was very hot in itself. I did find a guy who does custom fiberglass work in Udon. I think I will use Mikes idea, put a thin layer of insulation on the inside of the vinal work. I could have it painted to match the bike, but I don't believe it would be as effective and it would take forever. since it's custom work and the guy is good and very busy. :happy1:

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Ray,

I don't know what bike you have but if you add Heat Deflector to the model and do a search you may find a part already available from overseas.

Get yourself some "tin snips" and a piece of aluminium. It is easier than you think. :thumbup:

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
I drew a blank Ray. Only other thing would be to join a Vulcan specific group or forum.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
I'm OK Mike you had the idea I can get it done now. That is one of the things I like about Thailand the most the time if you can dream it up there is someone out there who can do it and it won't cost an arm and a leg. I have found that getting it custom made here can be a lot less expensive then buying, shipping and paying import fees.

Example what does a Mustang seat cost? Changing mine to fit what I want 400 baht

Thanks again.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Took it out for a few hundred Klms yesterday. Wore my leather chaps, that did the trick.

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well thanks to Mike Rust's suggestion I'm one step closer. When all else fails read the shop manual section on overheating :happy2:

What it said was overheating can be caused by the wrong spark plugs. I.E some plugs run jotter then others.

I have no idea what is in it now. The manual didn't specify what a cooler plug would be any one have a idea?

The bile 800CC Kawasaki.

One thing I have noticed about the oil cooler the bike really likes it and just purrs along now.

:happy3:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well I have done everything now and I do in fact have a cooler ride. Darn if I know what really did it I think it all helped :happy3:

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well guys I finally found the magic problem, stuck thermostat, now why I didn't think of that in the first place I have no idea.

It also has an extra fan and a on / off a switch I control. I was thinking water pump with all that I did. But, it is working fine.

Going on a 200 Klm ride Tuesday. it is going to be well over a 100 Degrees F. I will know by the time I'm home

Nov 28, 2009
justin,

You know that the KTM 525's are allways well renound for the tell tail hole on the water pump to start leaking? It is a very common thing.