Fallibilities / Funnies / Stuff Ups..........

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Spotted a couple of weeks ago, at the PTT gas station on the super, just north of Uttaradit.
Check out the text (circled) on the young guys T-Shirt..
254034735_Bzrhn-L.jpg

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
Davidfl wrote: Check out the text (circled) on the young guys T-Shirt..
254034735_Bzrhn-L.jpg
Reminds me of riding into Chumpon on my mountain bike after a hard day in the saddle... saw a girl, all of about 12 with a shirt that read "F^CK ME I"M GORGEOUS" (without the editing)... too slow with a camera for that one...

and this girl in Hua Hin with a shirt that read "I'm the guy your mum warned you about"...

the_guy.jpg
(don't have the original at work)

love it...

Cheers,
Daewoo

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Cant resist...

From
http://www.raiyachaesonresort.com/

You can see the full moon which shines to tender touch you like daytime but not strong beam. In the dark moon night, the stars will sprinkle across the sky.
The two times of night are never stop at resort. In the rainy season night of vast area 300 rais in resort, you will see the star lit from fire flies dancing near the earth on the serene land

Jun 21, 2006
guesthouseumphang03.jpg

"The Most HOSPITALIZE Resort in Umphang"

This is where the 3 Phuket Poofters stayed on their last trip down

Great Bungalows, really friendly staff, brekkie included.

Luckily no one had to be sent to "Hospital"

(Pity I didn't read their card till arriving home..)

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
You probably seen this already

The Harley-Davidson Facts

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven.

At the gates, Saint Peter told Arthur, 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is that you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.'

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, 'I want to hang out with God.'

Saint Peter took Arthur to the Throne Room, and introduced him to God.

God recognized Arthur and commented, 'Okay, so you were the one who invented the Harley-Davidson motorcycle?'

Arthur said, 'Yeah, that's me...'

God commented, 'Well, what's the big deal in inventing something that's pretty unstable, makes noise and pollution and can't run without a road?'

Arthur was a bit embarrassed, but finally spoke, 'Excuse me, but aren't you the inventor of woman?'

God said, 'Ah, yes.'

'Well,' said Arthur, 'professional to professional, you have some major design flaws in your invention, such as:

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end suspension;

2. It chatters constantly at high speeds;

3. Most rear ends are too soft and wobble about too much;

4. The intake is placed way too close to the exhaust; and

5. The maintenance costs are outrageous!!!!'

'Hmmmmm, you may have some good points there,' replied God. 'Hold on a minute.'

God went to his Celestial super-computer, typed in a few words and waited for the results. The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.

'Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed,' God said to Arthur, 'but, according to these numbers, more men are riding my invention than yours.'

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
From best of craigslist:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sea/471479867.html

To the Drunk Hottie who fell off my motorcycle
Date: 2007-11-07, 5:23AM PST

I met you at the bar last night, and we hit it off. Ya we were both a little buzzed, but you seemed as into me as I was into you. Things got to things, we made out a bit, and you ended up going home with me on the back of my motorcycle, which was awesome because that doesn't usually happen to me. I luckily had the extra helmet with me and let you wear my bike jacket while suffering the cold on the way home. I was feeling pretty happy and lucky to say the least.

This is where things got crazy.

I don't know if you slipped, or thought I was taking you home to kill you, or if your're just plain crazy and had a change of heart, but all of a sudden you let go of me MID-TURN and went flying into the bushes at about 10-15mph near the park by my house. I was so freaked out!!! when I looked back to see you fumbling in the bushes I could only PRAY TO GOD that you didn't hit the asphalt or something worse.

I really thought you must have been hurt at least a bit, but as I turned around to come check on you, you took off into the unlit park running full speed with my helmet and jacket still on! I parked my bike and looked for you for over 2 hours calling your name until I was so cold I had to go home or risk freezing to death.

WTF

Im sorry for what happened and I really hope your're ok, really I do, but seriously WTF. Running into a forested park in the middle of the night like that....I really can't begin to guess what you were thinking, and you weren't that drunk, but i suppose my "crazy-bitch o' meter" wasn't working at the bar that night, and from the speed you took off I can only surmise that your're not that hurt. I would like my expensive bike gear back though, I hope it kept you warm during your psychotic episode, but it IS mine and I kinda need it to get around in the winter. If you could return it to the bar for me, check in with your shrink, and promise to never come near me again that would be great, cause you scared the #*$% outta me and are costing me alot of money.

Sincerely,
Very cold/poor motorcycle rider who will never let women near his bike again.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The best T-shirt spotted in Laos this trip
393762677_EfG4T-M.jpg

Sorry muppets, no details on the location of the babe, as she was one of the hottest village girls found by the GT Rider this survey.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
AHA!
And how the Africa Twin arrived in Vientiane last night....Monday 13th October 2008....

393845214_Dj8cD-M.jpg

Yep, that's right. 2nd trip in a row into Vte from the North & it broke down about 15 kms from the last break down spot, approx 120 kms out. Almost unbelievable.

LAUGH

And the cause - dropped the drive chain out the back. Incredible good luck, just cruising along about 40 kph through a village "for a short breather" after riding for 5 1/2 hrs non-stop from Phonsavan, trying to set a good time to Vte non-stop.

The chain was an "el cheapo" 3,500 baht Thai one, that I was persuaded to try because it was as good as a Japanese one. Yeah yeah I thought, well why not give it a go.
But truth is, it needed to be adjusted every 6 weeks & this was to be the last trip with it, after only 6 mths use. The Snail & I inspected & adjusted the chain before leaving Cnx & agreed it was not as as good as "the real thing" Jap ones. 1,500 kms later in Phonsavan I checked again & thought yep, this will definitely be the last trip with it.

AND

5 1/2 hrs later it was gone, out the back.

But this had to be my lucky break
Stopped right in the middle of a village.
Straight across the street from the local motorbike shop & within minutes we had 5 guys searching the road for the joining link & split pin.
We found the side plate 20 metres down the load, but nothing else.
AND then
whilst still searching the road a guy in a songtaew pulls up & asks if I want a lift to Vte.
Give me 5 more minutes to look for the missing bits I said.
Ok, he joined in the search, 5 minutes was up & I said lets go to Vte partner. No lengthy price hassling, 1500 baht was asked for the 120kms trip & we settled on 1300 baht.
Not too bad I thought as I would "save" 350 baht for petrol roughly, & I recalled waiting over 3 hrs for pick up in Feb when I broke down in the dark.
Arriving in Vte at 8.15 PM I thought still not too bad, as I had not set off from Phonsavan until 11.40AM!

And this could have easily happened between Phonsavan & Phou Khoun, right out in the boonies with almost no vehicles on the road! This was indeed my lucky break. I'm very happy!
A new chain is on the way from the GT Rider's mate Chan Kok Pyng at M-Technik in Singapore.

393845211_zuWF2-M.jpg

Lurkers & couch potatoes you can all take the piss now.....

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Spotted in Pak Beng.

I think Mr Sivilai is pretty happy with his shop

Real Original Lao Food

Good Conversation

Plus the winner: his wife is a very good cook.

391221875_Sb6qX-M.jpg

what more could you ask for in Pak Beng.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Spotted in Fang a new promo sign at the 2Gether Bar
434136200_HhB5b-M.jpg

and regrettably we failed in our mission.
The Tod Man Gung came out as Tom Yum Gung, the Yum Moo Yaw was excellent but the Bacardi Breezers were wasted & not appreciated. :cry:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
What can I say
435099965_mCKcX-S.jpg

Son of GT Rider has done it again. Fortunately nothing serious only a "suspected" broken ankle. I love the diagnosis.
I was only informed 12hrs after the event, but the patient is happy where he is, so let him be.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hhmh. Jason comes home from the hospital, slips over in the bathroom bringing the sink crashing down. It shatters.
Dad goes in to help him get up & promptly slices his foot open on a porcelain shard. :oops:
The blood does not stop gushing out, so off to the hospital. :p
1 1/4 hrs later, 4,000 baht poorer & 5 stitches between a couple of toes, he hobbles off home, not exactly a very happy camper. Not impressed with the 4,000 baht bill at Lanna Hospital!
My pen rai. These things are sent to test us out. :?

Dec 24, 2007
Dropping the CBR!

[youtube:1nyvbe9m] /youtube:1nyvbe9m]

Not a good day, but she's ok now :)