GT Rider Motorcycle / Health Insurance

Tejas Barc

SEAsia nOoB
Aug 28, 2019
Khon Kaen
Looks like by the end of the week I will be a GTR health insurance NoOb pending approval. Saving a little baht for more benzene in the Tenere tank.

Reactions: Heineken

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
^ Once approved and paid they will send you a Health Card, if required that you have to go to a hospital you must go to one of their nominated hospitals, there are many all over Thailand, show the card and thats it, so far so good IMO................a few people have had major surgery and say they are great also.

BTW they send a list of recommended hospitals, remember you're local if required, otherwise you can call them, tell them you're location and they will tell you which hospital to go to.

Reactions: Tejas Barc

Tejas Barc

SEAsia nOoB
Aug 28, 2019
Khon Kaen
Thank you Heineken. Yes I had lots of questions answered about policy before purchasing. With the amount of time gtr has used made it a more comfortable choice.
Pretty awesome that gtr provides such a benefit. Thank you thank you gtr
B

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Which plan did everyone choose?

I take out the maximum. Get as much as you can afford.

I recently asked about covid-19 coverage & this was the reply I got.

Dear Khun David,

I hope all is well and you are staying safe during this COVID wave.

Please be informed that ThaiHealth. They will cover treatment for the corona virus subject to the benefits, limits, terms and conditions of your policy.

They will cover the polymerase chain reaction testing (PCR-nCoV) when the indications as stated at the time of admission by the ministry of Public Health are met. Currently, the criteria are as followed:

1.1 Fever of more than 37.5◦C with respiratory tract symptoms i.e. cough, runny nose, sore throat, tachypnea or dyspnea etc. Symptoms must be accompanied by one or more of the following exposure risks within 14 days prior to illness onset:

• The member visited a country or area that has experienced an epidemic or
  • The member worked closely with tourists from an area that has experienced an epidemic or
  • The member has had close contact with anyone infected with COVID-19
1.2 Unknown cause of pneumonia.

If the insured does not have symptoms but would like to receive PCR (nCovid-19) testing and vaccine , this is not covers.

Thank you.

Stay safe and Best regards,
Sairung Thonganan
Administrative Manager

BSI Insurance Broker Limited
152 Chartered Square Building 12 A Floor, Room 12A-11
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Tel: +66(0) 2 105 4162 |+66(0) 2 634 5200
Ext. 1005 | F: +66 (0) 2 634 5202 | M: +66 (0) 83 075 7173
Email: [email protected] | Website: www.bsibroker.co.th
Broker License No. ว00016/2552 | TAX ID 0105551121509

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The GTR Group Health Insurance expires at the end of September, with the policy up for renewal in October.

I have approached another broker in Chiang Mai seeking better group coverage if possible.

He will reply in the next 10 days with some options for us.

I will present the options & it maybe time to move to another group policy.

You should receive a policy renewal reminder from the broker in Bangkok in the next few days, but please do not renew your policy until we have heard the options from the Chiang Mai broker.
If his options are attractive, then it maybe time to upgrade policies & change brokers.
Any change will not be compulsory & it will be possible to renewal your old policy & just carry on as before.

Please stay tuned.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
We will change the broker.

The policy will be looked after by a Chiang Mai broker.

The option for increased coverage will be a completely separate policy at significantly increased cost but with superior coverage and a deductible. This will be outside the group policy.

You may please yourself which policy you wish to renew or start the new one.
Details and information coming next week.

The reason for changing the broker is simply for convenience dealing with a farang who speaks English and has a physical office in Chiang Mai.

The reason for seeking increased coverage is that health care costs have increased significantly in Thailand since we started the group policy, but that the level of coverage with that group policy has not increased with the times; and it may not be so adequate in the future.

The broker in Bangkok and the health insurance company will be advised on Monday.

Discussions have been had with the insurance company in Bangkok and there is no issue.
Only the Bangkok broker now needs to be advised.

Last edited:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The new appointed broker is Cnx Insure in Chiang Mai.

The contacts are
Nathamon Somsri [email protected]
Andy Williams [email protected]
Phone: +66870520389

Both the BSI Broker in Bangkok & Thai Health have been advised of the change.
New account information for any payment renewals in the current GTR Group Health Policy with Thai Health is coming.

There are 14 members in the current GTR group policy with Thai Health & members can renew as they wish.
Oddvar your policy renewed via BSI will still be ok.

Some thought on the GTR Group Thai Health Policy
The policy GTR group health insurance policy has aged somewhat over the years with greatly increased medical fees being charged by the hospitals "ripping the insurance companies," & may not be adequate in serious cases with long term medical treatment required.

The plan options available in the GTR Group Health policy with Thai Health - figures in Thai Baht.
1631640458963.png

I have the maximum coverage: EH1200 @ 36,596.00 baht.

BUt is this still enough?

Better Coverage -the best coverage.
The best policy we could find at the moment is the insurance policy offered by Cnx Insure.
It offers superior coverage in this modern day & age but at a significantly increased cost, & with a US$2,000 deductible.
If you are interested & can afford the increased coverage please check out the Cnx Insure group policy. It really does deliver, plus covers you for covid insurance that satisfies Thai immigration should you need to exit & re-enter the Thailand in the future.

CNXInsure Health Insurance
An outline of the Cnx Insure policy Options. Figures in US Dollars.
1631539631103.jpeg

1631539677897.jpeg

1631539723741.jpeg

1631539769630.jpeg

1631539931350.jpeg

If you wish to secure the better coverage please contact
Andy Williams: [email protected]
Their group policy does provide excellent coverage.
Premiums vary depending on your age & the level of coverage your require.

The premiums depending on age group
1631529669680.jpeg

Premiums are of course cheaper for members below 55 years of age.

Other Insurance
Cnx Insure offer a range of insurance suitable for expats -Motorcycle, PA Personal Accident & Travel insurance.

Motorcycle Insurance: GTR personally uses Cnx Insure for his bike insurance. Having the highest 3rd party bail bond policy, that can help get you out of trouble, plus assist pay for damages - vehicle and physical - to the other party, as well as yourself. You never know when something nasty could happen, for which responsibility maybe unclear & it is important to protect yourself. It is the minimum you should have if you are riding around. The policy is cheap & highly recommended.

Personal Accident Insurance
If you don't have or can't afford health insurance, try some personal accident insurance, that can help greatly in an emergency.

Travel Insurance
Once the borders open up again, some good travel insurance, can also cover you for covid & quarantine perhaps' plus help secure you're visa for re-entry into Thailand.

Insurance covering $100,000 USD and covid
A simple and easy option is travel insurance

Accepted by Thai immigration
Choose the duration of your cover
No medical questionnaire
Policy and covid certificate issued the same day

The insurer is ACS who are based in France
150,000 Euros Minimum coverage
Reputable insurer (underwritten by Allianz)
Easy to deal with when it comes to claims

The premium is approximately 70 to 80 Euros per month.

Travel Insurance Medical Coverage
1631514749160.png

In these difficult times it maybe better for those who can afford it to move to better coverage.
The Cnx Insure health policy certainly delivers.

If times are tough & your cash flow is negligible, then you can stay with the GTR Thai Health Group Policy.
At this stage of the game, I will continue with the maximum coverage in GTR Thai Health Group Policy.
EH1200 @ 36,596.00 baht; what I can afford at the moment, & hope for the best!

I trust this info is useful & a help for everyone.
There is no compulsion to choose one policy or the other.
PLease yourself which coverage you use, but at least get a policy.
Don't ride around uninsured.
Let us know how you go.

Last edited:

Oddvar

Subscribed
Mar 18, 2013
Even the "over the counter" PA insurance the banks sells on behalf of the insurance companies for 8k bath for 3 years are very good.
I've broken both collar bones dirt riding. Same hospital. Bangkok Pattaya.
One case with "local Bank insurance" and one with a foreign insurance company.
Two invoices that are almost identical in all their listing. Price is very different.
Same room is charged with 20k a night for the foreign insurance company and only 6.7k for the local insurance company.
As a private "customer" my bet is that you get charged the maximum rate.
I have found memories from both. When the two morning nurses asks if I want to take a shower or have a sponge bath.:p

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
There are some teething issues changing brokers at the moment.
Not everyone is happy or playing ball.

One of the issues is that I personally don't know all the members in the group policy, or have their contact details.
Whilst the new broker has everyone's names, they don't have all their contact details.
If you are in the GTR Group Policy with Thai Health would you please contact Cnx Insure asap.

The easiest way to renew your GTR GRoup Health policy at the moment is to pay direct to Thai Health & say you are in the Golden Triangle Riders group policy.

1631638743988-png.143292

I apologize for any confusion.
This obviously was not the most opportune moment to change brokers.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
So we won't be required to reapply and fill out all medical history ect. If we will just be renewing ?

You will just be renewing.
At the moment, both Thai Health & Cnx Insure suggest you pay and renew direct.
Not all the "i" s have been dotted & the Ts crossed in the change over agreement yet.

1631638743988-png.143292

Last edited:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
If you have not renewed your GTR Thai Health Insurance yet & wish to do so. Cnx Insure have advised to pay into this bank account

WARATCHAYA CHAIWUT
Bangkok Bank Ltd
390-4-68587-6

Thai Health are in agreement with this process.
For more information please contact

Nathamon Somsri
[email protected]

If you wish to increase your coverage outside the GTR Policy please contact Mon or Andy @ Cnx Insure.

Many thanks to those people have remained in the GTR Group Policy with Thai Health.
We have no complaints with any members who opted for greater coverage with Cnx Insure, as we researched to help GT Riders enjoy a better quality of life in the future.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The new appointed broker is Cnx Insure in Chiang Mai.

The contacts are

Other Insurance
Cnx Insure offer a range of insurance suitable for expats -Motorcycle, PA Personal Accident & Travel insurance.

Motorcycle Insurance: GTR personally uses Cnx Insure for his bike insurance. Having the highest 3rd party bail bond policy, that can help get you out of trouble, plus assist pay for damages - vehicle and physical - to the other party, as well as yourself. You never know when something nasty could happen, for which responsibility maybe unclear & it is important to protect yourself. It is the minimum you should have if you are riding around. The policy is cheap & highly recommended.

Personal Accident Insurance
If you don't have or can't afford health insurance, try some personal accident insurance, that can help greatly in an emergency.

Travel Insurance
Once the borders open up again, some good travel insurance, can also cover you for covid & quarantine perhaps' plus help secure you're visa for re-entry into Thailand.

Insurance covering $100,000 USD and covid
A simple and easy option is travel insurance

Accepted by Thai immigration
Choose the duration of your cover
No medical questionnaire
Policy and covid certificate issued the same day

The insurer is ACS who are based in France
150,000 Euros Minimum coverage
Reputable insurer (underwritten by Allianz)
Easy to deal with when it comes to claims

The premium is approximately 70 to 80 Euros per month.

Travel Insurance Medical Coverage
View attachment 143278

In these difficult times it maybe better for those who can afford it to move to better coverage.
The Cnx Insure health policy certainly delivers.

If times are tough & your cash flow is negligible, then you can stay with the GTR Thai Health Group Policy.
At this stage of the game, I will continue with the maximum coverage in GTR Thai Health Group Policy.
EH1200 @ 36,596.00 baht; what I can afford at the moment, & hope for the best!

I trust this info is useful & a help for everyone.
There is no compulsion to choose one policy or the other.
PLease yourself which coverage you use, but at least get a policy.
Don't ride around uninsured.
Let us know how you go.

Bump for Wazza. Contact Mon for some Covid Insurance options.