GT Rider Motorcycle / Health Insurance

Dec 15, 2010
Went for an X-Ray on Friday, no evidence of a fracture to be seen. However the doctor seems to be super cautious, and said I should wear the bandages for another month or so. Will follow to some extent, but have also to keep in mind the longer movement is restricted, the harder it is to gain back normal motion. Take it off anyways for shower know, otherwise I'll get a rotten hand.

BTW, total damage for doctor visit and 2 X-rays 270 Bath.

Last edited:

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Thanks. But you must join before 60 years old, so the whole has been an exercise in futility.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I will reply for David as I told him I would update some info anyway. Just send an email to the link in the above post saying you want to apply and learned of the insurance through GT Rider. The sales director will email you an application and answer any questions you may have. I also received a number of quotes from another broker who quoted many different companies. The rates were all at least 50 percent higher than the above.

THOSE SEEKING THE WEALTH HEALTHY PLAN TAKE NOTE!

Look carefully at the above chart. You must apply no later than 65 years of age. The coverage from age 66+ is for RENEWALS ONLY! I just sent in an application and it takes 5-7 days for approval I am told. You can sign up for a plan at 65 and you have the option to increase or decrease the plan coverage when you later renew. I chose a lower coverage now and will plan to raise the coverage when I am more likely to need it. Of course, they have the right to refuse your renewal.

Again to be clear. If you don't enroll before age 66 you cannot purchase the insurance!

Bump for Canthai

บริษัท ไทยประกันสุขภาพ จำกัด (มหาชน) :: Thai Health Insurance Public Company Limited

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Another confirmation of the value of this policy.
I just had 3 days in hospital for kidney stones & the removal of the stone by endoscopic surgery.

3 nights in hospital.
Multiple Xrays & CT Scans.
A Spinal Block for the surgery.
20 minutes endoscopic surgery.
The total bill 140,097 baht.
My share of the bill 4,097 baht.
The GTR Health Insurance Policy pays 90% of your hospital / medical bills!

If you're riding around uninsured get yourself covered asap. Accidents happen and they always happen when you least expect them & least need them.
The GTR health insurance policy covers you for motorbike accidents & has emergency SOS Medical Evacuation from overseas back to Thailand.
Get in under 60 years of age & and you can stay covered.

Last edited:
Reactions: blowin and Oddvar
May 5, 2012
Hi David,

I generally come in and out of Thailand on Visa Exempt as i work overseas and generally spend 2 months away working and 1 month back home in Thailand, I am married with kids in Thailand and yes I know I should get a proper visa, can I still be covered by this insurance policy? as I ride a lot in my time back so would like some decent health cover in country but unsure if I can get it without a "proper" visa.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hi David,

I generally come in and out of Thailand on Visa Exempt as i work overseas and generally spend 2 months away working and 1 month back home in Thailand, I am married with kids in Thailand and yes I know I should get a proper visa, can I still be covered by this insurance policy? as I ride a lot in my time back so would like some decent health cover in country but unsure if I can get it without a "proper" visa.

I personally don't think there is an issue, but please contact the brokers direct who sold the policy.

The contact person is

Sairung Thonganan
[email protected]
Assistant Office Manager
BSI Insurance Broker Limited
152 Chartered Square Building 12 A Floor, Room 12A-11
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Tel: +66(0) 2 6345200 Ext. 1005 | F: +66 (0) 2 634 5202 | M: +66 (0) 83 075 7173

Last edited:
May 5, 2012
I personally don't think there is an issue, but please contact the brokers direct who sold the policy.

The contact person is

Sairung Thonganan
[email protected]
Assistant Office Manager
BSI Insurance Broker Limited
152 Chartered Square Building 12 A Floor, Room 12A-11
North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500
Tel: +66(0) 2 6345200 Ext. 1005 | F: +66 (0) 2 634 5202 | M: +66 (0) 83 075 7173

Thanks David,

Sorry for late reply been overseas with work,

Have contacted the above with my inquiry and will update when I get a reply

Cheers

There is this insurance available now for tourists and people like me who are now working offshore and only pop in and out of Thailand for quick stop overs. Looks quite reasonable and is good for up to 60 days if you buy that coverage. I have health coverage in the USA but it makes me pay the hospital in Thailand and then file for reimbursement so for peace of mind I bought this for my upcoming trip.

Thailand Travel Shield

Looks like a good option to me, I just found this about a week ago and just in time for my trip next week when I pick up my Ducati Diavel!

Ride fast, ride safe!

May 5, 2012
There is this insurance available now for tourists and people like me who are now working offshore and only pop in and out of Thailand for quick stop overs. Looks quite reasonable and is good for up to 60 days if you buy that coverage. I have health coverage in the USA but it makes me pay the hospital in Thailand and then file for reimbursement so for peace of mind I bought this for my upcoming trip.

Thailand Travel Shield

Looks like a good option to me, I just found this about a week ago and just in time for my trip next week when I pick up my Ducati Diavel!

Ride fast, ride safe!

Whilst it looks good for someone like myself does it definitely include cover for any motorbike accidents, I had a look through the site and couldn't find anything, it says accident cover but doesn't specify if it covers you if you are the rider, I would check this first before buying.

On another note I did get a reply from the group insurance policy contact and he says there is no issue with me coming in and out on visa exempt and that i can still sign up to the group policy, I'm back out of country again so have replied that i will get in contact when coming back and will sort it out.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Please note with the GTR Group Policy we have been advised that once you reach 65 years of age individual renewals will be reviewed by the company & may not be renewed.

They have advised that

I would like to inform you that for the member GTR who have age over 65 years old they can change to individual policy plan Wealthy Healthy and continuous coverage from GTR group health insurance.

Quote:
Nidtha Achasai
Assistant Section Manager
Group Insurance Marketing Section-Broker
Thai Health Insurance Public Company Limited.
RS Tower 31st, Ratchadapisek Rd., Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400
Direct Line: 02-2029213
Tel : 02-2029200 Ext. 13

The Wealthy Healthy Policy is here
บริษัท ไทยประกันสุขภาพ จำกัด (มหาชน) :: Thai Health Insurance Public Company Limited

Getting insurance over 65 is not easy. Most policies it seems cut out at 65-70 & those that do cover you can be extortionate with premiums of thousands of US$ a year.

Whatever the GTR Group Policy still remains an excellent value for money policy to cover yourself with at least until 65 now it seems. At 65 perhaps if you have not had too many claims are are not deemed a health risk, they may continue to renew your policy. Getting a definitive answer has not been successful, so time will tell.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
My money is in & my coverage is renewed.
There are still a few guys who have not renewed so the broker says.
If you want to stay covered, you've only got a few days left.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com

Tejas Barc

SEAsia nOoB
Aug 28, 2019
Khon Kaen
Not happy with the current policy I have so I sent an email over to BSI and they got back to me within hours. The rates do look good.
More research needed...

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Not happy with the current policy I have so I sent an email over to BSI and they got back to me within hours. The rates do look good.
More research needed...

Outside the GTR Group Insurance I would recommend you contact
[email protected]

Mon is a female rider who has been to GTR events & MotoGP, & knows her stuff.
She can give quotes for good health insurance, plus arrange motorbike insurance.

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
No increase since last year as everyone stayed safely on their bikes. Let us keep it that way.:)

We havent been riding much, most of the year our bikes have been resting in the garage, bloody Covid 19 :mad:

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
For anyone interested the GT Rider group insurance does not meet the criteria for Thai Immigration Mandatory Health Insurance for an O-A Retirement Visa, Immigration does not accept any group policy for some reason.

As I am on a O-A visa and have to renew soon, swapping to an O visa is out of the question atm because I cannot leave the country.................so I have been speaking with Sairung from BSI and she has come up with a few options for me.

The option I chose was to stay with the GT Rider group policy and buy a 2nd insurance policy with LMG Health, this is a very basic insurance but does meet Thai Immigration requirements, a one year policy will cost me 6000 baht :)