Import of spare parts

Silom

Oct 3, 2006
First of all, I like to say hi to all of you. I’m new on this board, but driving bikes since 1994 in Thailand on daily base.
I have a good experiences how to get my spare parts or mechanic work. But now I need some help. In Germany is waiting for me a Hayabusa street fighter set, all together plastic, metal and light parts. These parts are all second hand.
First I thought to bring it in by hand carry over the airport (I did this a couple of times before), but with the “new” custom checks I doubt that this will be a good idea.

So, here my question;
How much is the legal custom rate for used motorcycle spare parts ( pls. no link to the Thai custom official web page – there is nothing) or can anyone recommend an importer for German goods ( for Japanese imports I have, but they can’t handle imports from Germany …TIT)

Thanks for helping
Silom

Jun 21, 2006
I got some Touratech stuff sent over, bear in mind you also get charged duty on the postage and any insurance as well. I had a long friendly talk with the customs guy on why I was paying 30% on postage and he said, sorry but thats what's written up in his manual, so you have no choice.

John

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
"NEW" CUSTOMS CHECKS ???
Have I missed something?
What are these "new" checks?
ATB
Rhodie