Kawasaki Ninja 650 Tiger Boxer 250 - iron butt

Nov 7, 2007
Hi there,

It was time again to get out for a longer ride
Tony and myself got a nice route planned and the best weather to ride bikes .... Tony did 1100 km that day and i did 710 km.
The full route is this : http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 876709&z=7

and the route i was doing was: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 469177&z=9

the only thing that changed on my route...i stayed on road 21 until it crosses with 225 and than back to nakhonsawan.
The drive was absolutely magnificient and so smooth. Tonybkk did a lot more pics than me and also made video....here is the first one: I think the Boxer 250Rs was doing quite well in keeping up with the Kawasaki ER6F(ninja 650) from Tony...i think we must have done an average speed of around 110km/h the max i have seen on my speedo was 130km/h but not for long as i often had the wind braking me down- needless to say that the 650 ninja would have been able to go faster in most sections , specially the hilly side...
here some pictures:

4117277540_638f2c41a5_b.jpg

4117274472_2c3c42bce3_b.jpg

4116665499_fb4708fa13_b.jpg

4116665505_d17813ba8e_b.jpg

4116665511_dba8f5a7f4_b.jpg

here some pics made by tony:

111909RideMap.jpg

A few pictures-
111909RidePetchabunSm.jpg

111909MBox.jpg

111909RidePetchabunSm.jpg

111909RidePetchabun1Sm.jpg

111909RidePetchabun2Sm.jpg

happy trails,

mbox

Dec 27, 2007
Captain_Slash wrote: Youre certainly clocking up the mileage, you will be catching me up soon, can you ride long distances day after day in comfort on the Boxer? if so it must have one of the most comfortable seats of any Thai made bike
Actually mbox had his seat re-done, (and I re-did mine on the Ninja 650R as well). Stock seats can usually be improved on! :wink:
Ride On!
Tony

Dec 27, 2007
Here are a couple of vids from Thursday's ride. That highway 12 between Phitsanulok and Lom Sak is AWESOME! :mrgreen:

Here's mbox on his Tiger Boxer 250RS:

And here's the view from the Ninja 650R through the twisties-

Happy Trails!

Tony

Nov 7, 2007
It is true what tony wrote,i did a slight modification on the seat , flatten it a bit -but not a lot. The seat is good but was also quite alright before ...i did the 1011 km to umphang on it before modifying and it was good. The new seat has a better comfort and better looks too :) I need to point out that there are 2 generations of seats on the Tiger Boxers, the first generation was uncomfortable( ended appr april 2009), my bike had the second generation , so quite happy on it. Can i do long distance trips on the boxer back to back over multiple days? Honestly,i haven't done that ,time permitting. But i am quite sure it is, the day after the umphang ride i was fine and the day after this trip with tony i was fine too ...it is also to point out not only the seat and seating positiong makes it all for the comfort...i have wider handlebars and did put a slight preload on the rearshocks (they are stock) which leaves me sitting slight higher too. I find the boxer a good allrounder bike which gives good performance on all kind of terrain and conditions. But for sure the 650 ninja has a lot more power and fun factor in the lomsak/petchabun "hills" (long streched turns and hilly) is better on this bike- same may apply for straight long roads where it simply is the faster bike....in the umphang hills i am certain that the boxer will be the more fun to ride(multiple sharp curves and i mean very sharp curves) on a variety of roadsuface..bumpy , smooth, sandy,stonecovered , cowdroppings... .

happy trails
mbox

Dec 27, 2007
mbox999 wrote: in the umphang hills i am certain that the boxer will be the more fun to ride(multiple sharp curves and i mean very sharp curves) on a variety of roadsuface..bumpy , smooth, sandy,stonecovered , cowdroppings... .

happy trails
mbox
I REALLY want to hit that road from Mae Sot to Umphang!
It's always been on my list and your video revived my interest.
Care to do it again some time?
Ride On!
Tony

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=mbox999]in the umphang hills i am certain that the boxer will be the more fun to ride(multiple sharp curves and i mean very sharp curves) on a variety of roadsuface..bumpy , smooth, sandy,stonecovered , cowdroppings... .

happy trails
mbox
I REALLY want to hit that road from Mae Sot to Umphang!
It's always been on my list and your video revived my interest.
Care to do it again some time?
Ride On!
Tony
Tony
I'm up for doing it again:twisted: ...just need to get time and business arranged a bit...in worst case scenario this maybe possible only after january 2010...(on xmas holiday in europe with the fam mid dec-mid jan)

happy trails,
mbox

Dec 27, 2007
Heh heh, yeah, that'd be a nice little 'day trip' :wink:
Seriously though, recommend you avoid that highway 2, especially after Korat it's a very unpleasant road for motorcycles IMO.
Much better to hang a right at Chum Phae and ride down to Chaiyaphum - some brilliant roads in that area.
Ride On!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
TonyBKK wrote: Here are a couple of vids from Thursday's ride. That highway 12 between Phitsanulok and Lom Sak is AWESOME! :mrgreen:

Here's mbox on his Tiger Boxer 250RS:

And here's the view from the Ninja 650R through the twisties-

Happy Trails!

Tony
Tony
Good stuff, you've got that camera set up pretty well perfect with the speedo showing nicely there so you know what speed it is all happening at. Well done.

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK wrote: Heh heh, yeah, that'd be a nice little 'day trip' :wink:
Seriously though, recommend you avoid that highway 2, especially after Korat it's a very unpleasant road for motorcycles IMO.
Much better to hang a right at Chum Phae and ride down to Chaiyaphum - some brilliant roads in that area.
Ride On!
Ok i modified it ....is this better? :roll: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 938354&z=8

now it's an diamond butt ride :twisted:

happy trails,

mbox

edited: i posted the wrong link.... :oops:

Dec 27, 2007
Davidfl wrote:
Tony
Good stuff, you've got that camera set up pretty well perfect with the speedo showing nicely there so you know what speed it is all happening at. Well done.
Cheers David,

Still looking for a better camera. The Sanyo Xacti I'm using now was quite expensive but I'm not so impressed by the image quality...
Ride On!
Tony

Dec 27, 2007
Captain_Slash wrote: I aim to ride to Umphang tomorrow, its been two years since I last went and its a great ride thats for sure
I'm envious! Beautiful day and I'm stuck in the office :cry:
Look forward to your trip report!
Happy Trails!
Tony