Great day for a ride!
0816Tony.jpg

Met up at 0700 at Kawasaki Rama 9- Trent on his ZX10R
0816Trent.jpg

At the entrance to Khao Yai National Park-
0816Ride7.jpg

Lots of beautiful bikes out and about today-
0816Dukes3.jpg

In our group it was mostly ER6n's, three new 2010 Ninja 650R's, a few Ninjette 250R's, a pair of Ninja ZX10R's and one D-Tracker.
0816Ride4.jpg

Had a great time running in my new Ninja 650R-
0816650R.jpg

It was a year ago this month that Kawasaki began selling Ninja 250R's, D-Trackers and KLX 250's in Thailand, followed by the ER6n in January 2009 and now the Ninja 650R. They've sold several thousand big bikes in the past year and are helping to motorcycling a more popular sport by supplying quality bikes at great prices. A ride like this would never have happened a year ago.

More pics to come- Happy Trails!
0816Ride.jpg

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Nice one tony

Im sure you guys had nice time, looks like abt 30-40bikes?

must be nice head turner on the road when you guys passed by

Dec 27, 2007
Cheers Marco- funny I never did count the number of bikes, but yeah, I'd say there was at least 30 in our group, and it was a great day!

Yesterday's ride was not sponsored by Kawasaki, but at the last minute the sales manager, Khun Chan decided to ditch the riding course he was supposed to co-teach and come along on the ride instead. Lucky guy got to take the Kawasaki Test Drive ZX10R- Wow!
0816ChanZX10R.jpg

Good to have him along as he always keeps things well organized. Here he is giving everyone a quick speech about the hazards in Khao Yai National Park, which include copious amounts of elephant dung, monkeys, some patches of damp and forest litter, a fair number of speed bumps, etc. He also divided the group up into fast and slow so that we weren't all tearing through the park in one massive pack.
0816Chan.jpg

Big group of Ducati riders- really nice guys-
0816Dukes2.jpg

Man it was a HOT day! Felt great to escape the heat up in the cool mountain air of Khao Yai National Park-
0816HatoriGang.jpg

Here's Trent explaining his theory of, "If you can't ride fast, be loud" ;D (If you've ever heard his ZX10R you'll know exactly what I mean)
0816RideKhaoYai.jpg

Da man!
0816Trent4.jpg

Great group of guys! Always a blast to ride with them.
0816KhaoYaiRide.jpg

After Khao Yai we proceeded to another National Park I'd never heard of-
0816ChetSaoNoi.jpg

Place was packed with weekend crowds and it felt great to cool off in the river- Here's Khun 20 showing off his manly physique :-
0816ChetSaoNoi20.jpg

Awesome picnic-style lunch and then it was time to head back to Bangkok to catch the MotoGP races-
0816TrentTony1.jpg

Awesome day!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Fan A tastic Tony

I have only Ocean surrounding me and it give me smile on my face to see you guys having fun,,,but sooon,, sooon i will be there.(yeah Right :wink: )

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Tony
Yep that sure looks like a good group & a good ride = a great day out riding.
Congratulations to the Kwackerzaki organizers for getting such a good group of riders together.
Isn't a great feeling now to have the new big bikes available + support from the bike companies helping us enjoy life here even more.

Thanks for the contribution again & helping to build up the bike community.

Did you co-ordinate with the Ducati guys to meet up too, or was that by sheer chance?

Dec 27, 2007
Davidfl wrote: Tony
Congratulations to the Kwackerzaki organizers for getting such a good group of riders together.
Isn't a great feeling now to have the new big bikes available + support from the bike companies helping us enjoy life here even more.

Did you co-ordinate with the Ducati guys to meet up too, or was that by sheer chance?
Cheers David,

Yes- I feel very fortunate to live in Thailand at a time when the sport of motorcycling is really taking off! Running into the Ducati group was just chance. We came across a few other groups (HD, Yamaha and random bikes) as well but I was too lazy to take pics. :wink:
Happy Trails!
Tony

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]Tony

Cheers David,

Yes- I feel very fortunate to live in Thailand at a time when the sport of motorcycling is really taking off! Running into the Ducati group was just chance. We came across a few other groups (HD, Yamaha and random bikes) as well but I was too lazy to take pics. :wink:
Happy Trails!
Tony
Tony
Indeed the next couple of years here are going be exciting motorcycle wise with the big bike companies coming in to compete in what will be very competitive market; & they will be doing their best to look after us motorcyclists. Again isn't it a great feeling to be enjoyed & appreciated. Plus the local Thai riders are very cool "gentlemanly" guys, generally with no attitude problems. It is always such a pleasure to ride here & be able to enjoy yourself = 3 cheers for biking in the Kingdom of Thailand.