Khon Kaen Bike Week Vol 3 Sat 13th Nov 2010

Sep 4, 2007
I can confirm that we are now firm for Saturday 13th November 2010, for Volume 3 of Khon Kaen Bike Week. Really ought to call it KK Bike Day, but that would not fit in with Thailands thinking for these events.
Expected venue is the University Exhibition hall surroundings, same as Volume 1 in 2008. That and other details to be confirmed shortly.
Forgive me for separate topic for this post, but the existing bike week threads are rather long and unwieldy. One calender, just for the current year would be great.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
johngooding wrote: I can confirm that we are now firm for Saturday 13th November 2010, for Volume 3 of Khon Kaen Bike Week. Really ought to call it KK Bike Day, but that would not fit in with Thailands thinking for these events.
Expected venue is the University Exhibition hall surroundings, same as Volume 1 in 2008. That and other details to be confirmed shortly.
Forgive me for separate topic for this post, but the existing bike week threads are rather long and unwieldy. One calender, just for the current year would be great.
John
Thanks for the input
One calendar for the current year...
2010-bike-weeks-t6783.html

Aug 11, 2009
a3_poster%20bike%20week%202010.jpg

Jul 18, 2009
Well & I will be riding down along with a few other friends . Will be leaving on the Thursday 11th and returning to CM on Monday 15th. Will be making several pit stops along the way.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
schackster wrote: Well & I will be riding down along with a few other friends . Will be leaving on the Thursday 11th and returning to CM on Monday 15th. Will be making several pit stops along the way.

Will be there also, coming from Surin with Tony and SSR Huligans,,,

Sep 4, 2007
There are at least 3 seperate groups riding Chiang Mai to Khon kaen, with different schedules.
I will be leaving 8am Friday morning for a relaxed ride, arriving before 4pm. I will probably have to stay thro Monday to finish some business there, but others will return on Sunday morning.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
For those who make to Khon Kaen we should arrive there about 4 pm Friday and expect to Be in the Kosa Hotel Beer Garden for some Drinks and a get together by 5 or 6pm. There are a Number of Other Bike groups meeting Us there so please come along if You want to meet some New Faces? See You There!Going to be a Ripper Weekend!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ian Bungy wrote: For those who make to Khon Kaen we should arrive there about 4 pm Friday and expect to Be in the Kosa Hotel Beer Garden for some Drinks and a get together by 5 or 6pm. There are a Number of Other Bike groups meeting Us there so please come along if You want to meet some New Faces? See You There!Going to be a Ripper Weekend!

thats a deal ian, i will be in kk 10am on friday,,,

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Ian Bungy wrote: It will be Great to see You Marco as I missed You on Your last Trip to Chiang Mai! But please Leave You Bavarian Tank Parked with Our Bikes after the Beer Garden!!! :idea:

You know IAN,, i know that im not a smartest person on the planet,, but im not that stupid that i wud repeat same thing than last time... :happy3:

Sep 4, 2007
All packed up and ready to ride to KK Friday am.
Really looking forward to my first KK bike week as a visitor to the town, although still been pretty much involved with the concept of this one and the early planning, not so much later organisation.
Also looking forward to meeting buddies from various parts of the land, ride safe, see you Friday pm at the Kosa beergarden, or Saturday at the event.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
johngooding wrote: All packed up and ready to ride to KK Friday am.
Really looking forward to my first KK bike week as a visitor to the town, although still been pretty much involved with the concept of this one and the early planning, not so much later organisation.
Also looking forward to meeting buddies from various parts of the land, ride safe, see you Friday pm at the Kosa beergarden, or Saturday at the event.

Enjoy the Ride & ride safe. :thumbup:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
johngooding wrote: All packed up and ready to ride to KK Friday am.
John

are you comig with your NEW beemer??????

Sep 4, 2007
Davidfl wrote: No reports apart from Marco?
What happened with the 3 groups going from Chiang Mai - not even any photos?
Hardly been home since then, and was waiting for more pics to be available from KK web site. One group had a couple of Bob's, Gary and Well and maybe others. Unfortunately one of the members had an accident and spent a few days in Loei hospital, now back in CM recovering well from some broken ribs etc. Ian and a good few others rode down and suffered 2 accidents, causing one rider to have to return to CM, and Ian himself was delayed with a bad puncture.; not related to the accidents. One of his group members also had a rough night when he decided to argue about wether or not his bar bill had been paid. My group actually went there and back having good trips with no incidents. The bike week itself and the morning ride to a school both were very well attended and went very well. Tony promised a report, and I will make sure something is published soon here. Plenty now on khonkaenbikeweek.com if impatient.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Davidfl wrote: No reports apart from Marco?

Oh yes,, totally have forgotten that,, i have nice bunch of photos,, will try to do it tomorrow,,
i just got bike back home and tomorow will do test ride and then saturday is Roi Et bike week party,,,,will be busy

and me and my self group managed home with our detour to hospital,,,,

Dec 27, 2007
Khon Kaen Bike Week was fantastic. :clap:
I'm still recovering. :crazy:
Will post up a trip report asap! :happy5:
111310ILoveKKSSR.jpg

Ride On!
Tony :mrgreen:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
johngooding wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]No reports apart from Marco?
Hardly been home since then, and was waiting for more pics to be available from KK web site. One group had a couple of Bob's, Gary and Well and maybe others. Unfortunately one of the members had an accident and spent a few days in Loei hospital, now back in CM recovering well from some broken ribs etc. Ian and a good few others rode down and suffered 2 accidents, causing one rider to have to return to CM, and Ian himself was delayed with a bad puncture.; not related to the accidents. One of his group members also had a rough night when he decided to argue about wether or not his bar bill had been paid. My group actually went there and back having good trips with no incidents. The bike week itself and the morning ride to a school both were very well attended and went very well. Tony promised a report, and I will make sure something is published soon here. Plenty now on khonkaenbikeweek.com if impatient.
Thanks John. :thumbup:

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Sorry for the Delay Gentleman but this should appease the Situation on Photos!
From CM we started off Late and at a Frantic Pace for reasons I won't go into now! This lead to Mike on His Harley to Crack on ahead from the Lampang Shell station to get some Lead on Us so as not to slow Us down! Anyway once We left heading to Denchai around a Corner and this is what We came across!
Harley Down!
DSC07724Small.jpg

The Skid Marks!
DSC07725Small.jpg

The Damage!
DSC07726Small.jpg

The Cause of the Crash, Some sort of Oil Slick of Something spilt on the inside of this Corner! Very Slippery as West demonstrates by sliding along in His Boots! Not Much chance of Saving it once You have hit it!
DSC07730Small.jpg

Unbelievable but Mike Road it back to Chiang Mai only to find He had a couple of Broken Ribs and a Broken Wrist!!! At 72 Years Old just goes to Show this Ex Navy Seal is Still One Tough Bastard!!! I take My Hat off to You Sir!
From here there was a mixture of errors etc which resulted in Me getting Separated from the Group and As Fate would have it getting a Puncture in the Middle of No Where!!! Something Stabbed My Rear Tyre and I had a pretty instant Deflation which is Extremely Rare for a Tubeless Tyre and Quite Scary for me Trying to come to a Halt!!! After Much Waiting and Cursing My Luck I was finally Rescued By a Nice Thai Couple who managed to go off and Find some Local who came trundling back about an Hour Later with a Plug and a Compressor! Unbelievable!!! Off I went again cautiously testing the Repair but after 50kms or so started picking up the Pace and ended up Blasting towards KK. I actually caught up to John Gooding and His Group on the Way and when I finally arrived at the Kosa Hotel I was the First of Our Group there!!! Anyway checked in Showered and Time for a Beer!!! Had quite a lot of Guys there from all over Thailand including the Secret Soi Guys!
The Kosa Beer Garden.
DSC07746Small.jpg

Good Night had by all! Next morning once I had got up I found out Our Mate "Crazy John" had gotten into a Disagreement with a few Thai Guys about 5 am in the morning? This was resolved with a Quick Beating with a Bat and left John with several Stitches in His Head and Multiple Bruises all over!!! Sort of Put His Weekend to a premature end? Not to be Disheartened We carried on in Fine Form and Washed Our Bikes!
West's Multistrada in New "Pikes Peak" Livery!.
DSC07733Small.jpg

My Tiger.
DSC07735Small.jpg

We went for a ride out to look at the Show then out for a Cruise around the Dam.
An Interesting Trailer Outfit at the Venue!
DSC07737Small.jpg

Some Bikes outside the Kosa Hotel.
DSC07744Small.jpg

Evening We started at the Beer Garden again then Out to the Show!
Show Girl 1.
DSC07748Small.jpg

Show Girl 2.
DSC07750Small.jpg

Show Girl 3.
DSC07751Small.jpg

Grant took the Opportunity to make some New Friends!
DSC07752Small.jpg

An Unusual Bike? It Had a Honda Bros Engine but Check out the Wheels and Brakes!!!
DSC07753Small.jpg

The Police had a few Harley's on Show there!
DSC07757Small.jpg

"Chips" on Patrol!
DSC07778Small.jpg

They had a Huge Beauty Competition!!!
Quite a Line Up!!!
DSC07769Small.jpg

Announcing Winners.
DSC07771Small.jpg

One of the Glamors!
DSC07775Small.jpg

Grant Making another friend!
DSC07779Small.jpg

As I was Leaving I saw this Low Rider Pickup.
DSC07780Small.jpg

I was walking past it and happened to look in the Tray and Check out this???
DSC07781Small.jpg

Far from a Professional or Safe Modification??? As He was driving away the Tray was actually flexing in the middle and bouncing up and down!!! Bizarre!
Anyway next morning We were up early and headed back to CM. The Ride Home was smooth and Uneventful by comparison to the Previous two days so nothing to report from that! Cant Wait for the next one!!!