Mae Kachan - Ban Long Kord R1001

Discussion in 'Touring Northern Thailand - Trip Reports Forum' started by DavidFL, May 1, 2007.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0 / -0
    Still unable to ride, although I’ve edged a few cms closer with the wonky arm; so to relieve the boredom I managed to score a nice little 4WD trip to check on another old trail I’ve not used since 97 - 10 years ago, & how the years are flying by.

The original plan was to go from Mae Kachan, west to Wat Doi Mae Pang, but as luck would have it, after picking up a villager with a broken down Honda Dream (the rear sprocket was so worn the drive chain would not stay on) & dropping him off in his village, he gave us a tip that there was a new forestry trail through the mountains that dropped us off in Ban Long Kord, on R1001, 44 kms north of Chiang Mai.

The track is a real steep narrow beauty & one that would be impassable in the wet. And believe me, the forest cover & scenery is as good as it gets in North Thailand.

Check out the profile of this great little 55 kms forestry trail.
    148296611-M.

Something to think about after the wet season, or in the next 10 days if you're quick.

2. Nick

Nick Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi David

Sounds great. Could you please post the coordinates for the start of that route at the Mee Kachan side?

Cheers
    Nick

3. Auke

Auke Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wel the guy did not get a complete free ride as just before Huai Nam Khun, the village where he lived, a tree had fallen over the track.

HuaiMaeKhun1.

As he was the one with a machete he got the honor of removing it with a bit of help from the two of us although I must admit that we were more busy enjoying the scenery.

4. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0 / -0

5. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0 / -0