Miguels Nong Hoi for dinner?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Any guys want to get together for a bite to eat & drink a little & plan rides in the 2nd half of next week at Miguels in Nong Hoi?
Wednesday 16th June
Thursday 17th June
Friday 18th June

Wednesday & Friday would be best for me...Thursday is ok after 9PM.

Sep 4, 2007
Hi David,
I will be Chiang Mai from next Thursday to Sunday, but I guess you are planning rides rather than riding them in that timescale. I will keep an eye on the thread and see if something fits. Hope to see you in Dan Sai this weekend.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
johngooding wrote: Hi David,
I will be Chiang Mai from next Thursday to Sunday, but I guess you are planning rides rather than riding them in that timescale. I will keep an eye on the thread and see if something fits. Hope to see you in Dan Sai this weekend.
John I'm in Dan Sai Friday & Saturday night. Loei Sunday & Monday nights. Tuesday back in Chiang Mai, unless I overnight in Sukhothai on the way.
After that back in Cnx for a few days, then need to visit Thoed Thai & Doi Mae Salong to deliver some brochures I've had printed.

Nov 2, 2008
Have you decided on a date David?

Look forward to seeing everybody, Friday would be a great start to the evening. Off tomorrow morning early for a ride and fish up the way of the 120.

Cheers,
Kevin

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
David, if either Sat or Sun night Fiu and me will be joining, only coming back from a business trip late Friday eve. Rgds, FR

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Well gents, proposed were....

Wednesday 16th June
Thursday 17th June
Friday 18th June

but it looks like Saturday 19th June is better.
Now what time to start, 7.30PM approx, is what I propose. (The Friday night traffic should be quieter by then & the football will have started, no?)

David Unk
John Gooding
Kevin Fishenough
Franz & Fiu
Tony Kiwi

Silverhawk?
Tom Forde?
Ally?
anyone else around for a meal & a bike natter?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
backdoorphil wrote: Just saw your email Dave, can't see any reason why I can't make it apart from there's 3 miguels & I'll try and figure out which one it is on the Internet.

So, 7.30pm sat 19th June 2010, just want to confirm as there's been lots of problems with day counts lately.

[quote quote=Davidfl]Backdoorphil where are you?
Pikey?
Bungy?

Hmmh. Tough one, but I'll give you a hint, trying looking at the topic title. :thumbup:
See you there.

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Davidfl wrote:

Hmmh. Tough one, but I'll give you a hint, trying looking at the topic title. :thumbup:
See you there.
Well, for someone who is not very familiar with Chiangmai this may be a bit difficult. Miguels is located at N18 45.148 E99 00.527 which is at Rd 106 on the south side of Chiangmai on the old road from Chiangmai to Lamphun.

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
backdoorphil wrote: A map of the junction of the 106 & 1141 where this easy to find restaurant is.

d2f118ac.jpg
Well, yes, it is easy to find if you know where it is. The picture of the restaurant you showed is correct so you know what you have to look out for.

Assuming that your Google map with the circle in the left hand side bottom is where you expect that Miguels's is then you are a bit off. From the junction of the intersection between 106 and the 1141 on your Google map you will have to go in the direction of the CP Australia and New Zealand Center and you will find Miguels on your right hand side (about 630 meter from the intersection of the 106/1141 road)

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
OK, sorry to have misunderstood your map. Hope you guys have a good time on Saturday evening,

Cheers,

Auke

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
SilverhawkUSA wrote: I didn't see any of these posts in either the RSS feed or under "New Posts". :thumbdown: Sorry I missed it guys. :x It's a great place to eat.

Food, service & ambiance was excellent. So was the company. You missed a good night.
Perhaps we should have another in 2 weeks?

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
SilverhawkUSA wrote: I didn't see any of these posts in either the RSS feed or under "New Posts". :thumbdown: Sorry I missed it guys. :x It's a great place to eat.
OK, I see now; you have to check "View New Posts" and "View Active Topics", they are not mutually inclusive. The new forum layout is taking some getting used to.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
SilverhawkUSA wrote: [quote quote=SilverhawkUSA]I didn't see any of these posts in either the RSS feed or under "New Posts". :thumbdown: Sorry I missed it guys. :x It's a great place to eat.
OK, I see now; you have to check "View New Posts" and "View Active Topics", they are not mutually inclusive. The new forum layout is taking some getting used to.
View New Posts is the way to go.

Sep 4, 2007
Davidfl wrote: Food, service & ambiance was excellent. So was the company. You missed a good night.
Perhaps we should have another in 2 weeks?
I also enjoyed meeting old friends and new faces, The food and service was excellent and I will certainly be up for a repeat in 2 weeks.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Make it a permanent GTR dinner I would suggest, should become a regular meeting. I'm in again anyway as I enjoyed both the company of you all & the excellent food !! Regards, FR

Nov 2, 2008
Was great evening, and certainly look forward to doing it again soon. Thanks to all for joining us!

Cheers,
Kevin

Sep 4, 2007
Nice timing David, the day I get back to CM for a few days, riding a KLX 250 for use at the X-Centre. Looking forward to more of that Mexican food and the sweet was delicious as well.