O Ring Chain Maintance

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
I've been using the blue 'Grease -spray' can pictured above, but it doesn't seem to last long, either on the chain and the can itself. Only get about 2-3 lubes out of it. And need to do it again after a few days.

Looked for some 90 weight gear oil but all the ones that said 'Gear Oil' on them (small little bottle) also said they were 40 weight.

I'd like to try something that lasts longer than a few days and actual oil sounds better than Grease-Spray.

In the meantime I'll pick up the can of 'Superlube' pictured above and check it out.

Cheers.

Nov 28, 2009
I have been using the Putoline product, its a teflon based spray, and its anti splatter. Works really well for me. You can buy it in most big bike shops, it is expensive though.

Oct 17, 2006
Kerosene or Parrafin is known as NA MUN GART in thai and is available in bottles at all hardware shops

bung

Feb 6, 2006
A good cheap chain cleaning brush is to get a 2" paint brush and cut half the bristles off. I use a degreaser called "Razzo" comes in an opaque 4l container and is thick and red. just dilute a bit in a container with water, it's a good degreaser.