Oldest Honda in Britain ?

Apr 10, 2006

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
HI

Could well be. The Motorbike is a 1953 Benly, The JB125 I do not recognize and I am quite sure it does not have 5 gears. As original it looked like this
index_sum.jpg

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Oh Yeah and now I remember that it was advertised with the slogan "Put the Customer First"

HIKO

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Hiko you continue to astound - a veritable bikopedia.

"I remember that it was advertised with the slogan "Put the Customer First"

Well obviously not a model destined for Thailand then!

Hiko, can you identify this old Soviet model with a Honda engine?

179704661-S.jpg

Seen last week in Vientiane - evidently Jimoi has started a Che trend!
179704785-S.jpg

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Off course I know. It is a Verkhovina motorcycle probably made in the town of Verkhovina of Ukraina but the factory belonging to the huge industrial conglomerate of IZH. Beside being the manufacturer of Kalashnanikov guns and cars IZH was probably just before the end of USSR the worlds biggest motorcycle manufacturer with 11 million motorcycles manufactured since 1927. The most famous brand names were IC Planeta, M12, Jupiter etc. The verkhovina was just a marginal brand and only for small bikes. The first IZH was a V-twin 1200 Moto Guzzi style in 1927.

IZH was heavily involved in Racing and Off Road winning many goldmedals in the six days competetion.

The last thing I have heard about the factorories is that they have bought the manufacturing rights for the Yamaha Xt550 engine and are producing models with that engine. Anyhow I have never heard that Honda have supplied engines to them. Maybe it is a local Laos project or a joint venture by a Chinese Hondy copier and the Russian factory.

I supply some pictures.

HIKO

Izh350-gruppo_WEB.jpg

Winter test for IZH motorcycles

izh1_small.jpg

The old models

izh2672_small.jpg

Newer and smaller models

izh344_small.jpg

Road Racing 1960 style

IZH-DESERT.jpg

Easy Rider Ussr Style
M-15a_small.jpg

MX made in Russia M150

izhorion_small.jpg

Trying to westernize

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Hiko
The VTne Wonder - with styling cues from Jimoi - is I'm sure a local fix using an available engine.

It would seem that Honda has noticed the success Triumph has had with the Bonneville and its offspring, and I would guess that Ducati's SportClassic line has played a part as well. Apparently Honda has a new CB750 in the works that's based closely on the original 1969 CB750.

Article here:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...d/?R=EPI-92750