Painting my windscreen.

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
I've painted the muffler guard and rims on my CBR250R myself, and want to do the windscreen too.

Honda actually sell a black version for 500b or something really cheap, but I want something a little different and it would be a fun little project.

The windscreen is shaped like:

$%28KGrHqVHJCcE9uG6lf%29+BPe9vVV42Q%7E%7E60_35.JPG

MRA-Original-Shape-Windscreen--11--CBR250R

And I'm thinking of smoked or black, and maybe the two wing tips done in red to accent the back/red style of the bike already.

m6.jpg

I've had the seats redone in nicer material with red double stitching and racing mirrors added for city riding since this photo was taken.

But anyway... I'm thinking a dark tint, or smoke or something.

Any tips on what paint I should use? If there's one that would give a smokey tint appearance? (light gray for eg?)

I've only painted two things in my life... the muffler guard and the rims. The process for this I presume is remove, wash, let dry, paint on the inside, spray on clear acrylic, tape off around the wings if I want to do them in red or silver.

Any ideas on paint though, I'm not too sure I want it in total black though, more a smokey tint... Any advice?

Edit. Actually I'd probably add some red vinyl once painted, instead of painting two tones.

CBR250

Mar 3, 2011
KenYam;279924 wrote: I tinted (film) mine, looks ok, think was about 100baht or something.
What film did you use?
Where did you get it?
And did you do it yourself?

I'd guess that most printing/sign making shops have rolls of film, but not sure if it's easy to get light/clear smokey tint in them.

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
Car window tint business or house window shop that provides tint service - Thai's call film - my local motor cycle repair shop had some let over
hence the price and the job was ok. Hope this helps - Chiang Mai

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
CBR, as Ken said, use tainted film, you can get that at every shop that does the car windows, you can choose between different shades. In case you still want to paint the screen, use only acrylic paint but even that might come off in some places after a while. Cheers, Franz