phrao loop / sankhampaeng oval

Jun 21, 2006
a rainy day in chiang mai and come 4 o clock i wanted a blast on the gixxer...so i took of for sankhampaeng on the 1317. didnt work out that way as it pissed it down as soon as i was out of town
DSC00221.jpg

check out this jacket big&tall, i got it just for you, SLEDGE HAMMER!!
DSC00223.jpg

the following day i took of for the samoeng loop but it looked a bit wet so decided for the wiang pa pao route, the weather held but roadworks and general bad road condition to chiang dao made it slow going at first...however things livened up on the awesome 1150
DSC00242.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

we took a break at phrao for some fanta, and a haircut if i wanted
DSC00257.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

more shots of the stunning 1150 which although it would ultimately reward me with a puncture i still love riding it
DSC00262.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

some amazing views over a green valley, shame the khao soi i had that morning showed it ugly head though...
DSC00269.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

there it is, and along with rain starting to fall it was a dark moment of the ride
DSC00277.jpg

back to chiang mai and take a limping gixxer back to G3 to extract a big ass nail from the tyre driving it back to CNX was fun with a soft tyre really aiding corner speed...
DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

lovely trip 1150 is a brilliant drive..
suzukiluke.
p.s pikey i went to fast corner in panthip plaza and they said that they had a range of K&N universal air filters that would fit the still asphyxsiating tiger...

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Luke-

Glad to see some fresh road reports BUT, I know you are not up to speed with this posting photo thing. You now need to get someone to show you how to "downsize" your photos before posting. It takes forever for large photos to download through the slow dial up connections many of us are stuck with here. I will have to wait and check them out at the internet shop....That said, keep the reports coming.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Cheers for the tip Luke. regarding the Tiger, reckon I'll put 1000km on it and then go the pipe & air filter route and see what we get with those cheapy mods first.

Agree with Dave about your pics and I have the Microsoft Image resizer that I can put on my memory stick for you so that you can install it and shrink your pics before posting them. Wait for FL's post but prob be at the X Centre on sunday for F1 so bring your laptop and we'll sort you out!

Cheers,

Pikey.

"No matter how hard you try, you CAN'T polish a turd!"

Jun 21, 2006
ill get on it guys, what computers are you on cos im at an internet cafe and it took 15 seconds to download?? i will try and downsize them though see you all on sunday!

Jun 21, 2006
dave i believe we are both signed on to photobucket.com as you recommended, is it possible to downsize them on photobucket first and then post them on the site???

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Luke-

quote:

dave i believe we are both signed on to photobucket.com as you recommended, is it possible to downsize them on photobucket first and then post them on the site???

I am not a user of Photobucket but I just took a quick look at their promo. They say you can "choose and set" your max photo size and they will be resized when you upload them. Sounds like you would have to upload them again after you set the size. That is what you would have to do if you resize them anyway.

Yes, most internet shops are fast but for us using dial up connections at home where ADSL is not available it's a problem.

See you Sunday..........

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

Oct 12, 2005
Great ride report Luke!!! Especially love the quality barbershop and the artwork decorating the walls of his establishment[:I].

"check out this jacket big&tall, i got it just for you, SLEDGE HAMMER!!"

Wow!! Now that subtle textile is you Luke[^]! The 16 year olds will be crooning for sure. After personally seeing this jacket up and close today on another ride i can assure you all that it does not blend in, or lose any subtlety in person. I am saddened however that you did not pick some of their more MadMax designs festooned with even more jibberish to keep me entertained as you pass me yet again, hoisting another power wheelie. Yes I am jealous of his 160 HP[;)].

Cheers all.
"Formerly known as the twat, racer55"

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Suzukiluke, just signed up to Photobucket myself.
Once signed in but before you browse to your picture, click on the 'Uploading Options' button (looks greyed out until you hover over it).
I selected the 'Website, Email (320x240)' option which produces quite a small pic - might be worth trying the next one up..
When you've made your choice, browse to your pics and away you go!