Places to stay in Siem Reap.

Dec 25, 2012
Can anyone suggest reasonable places to stay in SR? We're there for a week in September - having located a bike hire place - and now want to base ourselves somewhere not too expensive or isolated. Suggestions gratefully received.

:wave:

Mar 30, 2010
richardgore;299977 wrote: Can anyone suggest reasonable places to stay in SR? We're there for a week in September - having located a bike hire place - and now want to base ourselves somewhere not too expensive or isolated. Suggestions gratefully received.

:wave:
Hi Richard,

Siem Reap changes so quickly... I tried to find a place I stayed at a few years back near a rice paddy field.
Only to find the rice paddy field was built out and more guesthouses than the eye could see.

Last trip with Rob.. We just rocked up.. rode around and found a decent well positioned place.

I usually stay near the Romaly Market. Some nice cafes along this road and also you are not far from pub street with lots of activity and food.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Siem+Reap+market/@13.3530484,103.8535189,18z

DSC_0749_zpsc738701e.jpg

Cheers
Brian

Sep 19, 2014
Hi Richard,

I may be too late to suggest this: Google the Angkoriana Hotel - a lovely hotel that we sometimes stay in on our tours... It's about $25 - $30 per night, great pool, big aircon rooms and breakfast included. It's right by the Royal Gardens - still walking distance to Pub Street etc.

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks. I've booked the City River Hotel for the first night, but will look at the Angkoriana while I'm there.

Jan 21, 2011
richardgore;301643 wrote: Thanks. I've booked the City River Hotel for the first night, but will look at the Angkoriana while I'm there.
Was in City River a few weeks ago. Good hotel and a night guard by the bikes.