Recommended Pattaya Bike Shops

883R

Jul 20, 2008
I can recommend them. Bought my HD there at a reasonable price, came with plates. Needed to transfer the ownership to my wife. They dud everything they promised within 6 weeks. Really no complains, and everytime I go there I am surprised that I never see the same bikes again - so their business must be running strongly!

Cheers

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Is anyone in Pattaya area selling aftermarket rear sprockets for a Suzuki DRZ400S. I'm after 43t or 44t.

Also looking for a rear tyre, Thai made 50/50 dualsport type.

Thanks

pee

Mar 10, 2006
"Also looking for a rear tyre, Thai made 50/50 dualsport type."
Just my 2 cents experience about Thai made tyres:
With economic crisis on the way I have recently tried the "Duro" Thai brand tyres on my DRZ 400S. They are cheap.
However it's been a total waste of money. On tarmac riding the way I used to with Dunlop D 605 I have lost the rear more than a few times.
I am giving up on these tyres. I have ordered Dunlop and will get them fitted on the bike Monday. The Duro are almost brand new but I wouldn't dare to sell them.
Can't help you about finding rear sprockets in Pattaya.
Good luck

Dec 8, 2009
There is plenty of good bike shops along with even more less good. If you want mainstream Mit yon are always that, for the new range of Kawasaki there new shop on the sukumvit is worth a look. If can catch me in www.a-tecracing.com soi 5 Pattaya 600metres from 3rd road traffic lights. Will advise and get most things you need for motorbikes he also maintains my own enduro bikes for hire.
business or funrides, get in touch or call road

bill

Mar 29, 2004
Is anyone in Pattaya selling 5W fork oil.
If so, who, where are they located, what brand fork oil and approx how much per liter.

Jul 11, 2010
I used the services of Ms. Toom's shop and garage for a while, she had a small MC shop opposite Tony's Gym but has now moved to Pratumnak Hill. Her husband is a good mechanic and their prices were not high.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Big Bike Repair Shop - Pattaya

A large bike shop, located on Sukhumvit, on the inland (East) side of the road. It's about 1/2-km past Tesco-Lotus South (heading away from Pattaya), and at the end of the first building just after passing the PTT gas station. There is no signage for the shop and it's easy past unseen by vehicles driving on Sukhumvit.
The shop takes up 3-townhouse floors and has been in business 24-years, 12-years in Naklua and 12 at the present location.
It's a father (K. Sart) & son (K. Maw) operation, which works primarily on big bikes. The son speaks a fair amount of English.

shop-1.jpg

shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

A GT-R member recently posted of this shop, indicating they had lots of used parts kept their back storage room. I went there hoping I could replace the right aluminum chain adjuster on my F650GS, which had been damaged, as pictured in the post below:
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/threads/33901-Piston-Shop-Chiang-Mai-I-m-not-a-happy-camper!!

I was told to come back the next day. Upon returning, I was told they didn't have the part I needed, but had welded aluminum, and reshaped the weld, on my damaged chain adjuster so it's now looks and fits as good as new!
adj.jpg

If your in the Pattaya area, this shop may be of help to you, too!

Nov 24, 2006
mikethevigo;218716 wrote: I used to use Chatri, im afraid to say i wont be again, slow ( i cant help thinking that if his ass was on fire he would walk to the fire station ! ) and work questionable at best,5 years ago he was ok but like a lot of us hes probably had enough,. i still go and have a look at his stock from time to time but its the same old (tired ) faces,

I used him for years and began to sort of trust him without questioning when I asked him to do stuff, my last visit involved a bill of 15k baht for (so I believed) a new fuel pump - new Fuel pressure regulator - and new battery which I didn't need, my fuel consumption went through the floor so I investigated myself

Fuel pressure regulator was not replaced and was leaking (5k)
Fuel pump was not replaced but repaired, fuel pressure was 25psi instead of 50psi (5k)
and battery (4k)

I went to see him and asked him what the bill was for that he gave me, told him I would never be back in his shop and would share my experience with as many as I could to warn them off, he became a crook but wasn't always like that.....very unfortunate and disappointing

I now use a guy on Sukumvit just before the Kawaski dealer heading south from pattaya klang

I try to do most of my own work but my next job will be replacing exhaust valves (big job) and the reason for this is the botch up job at road machine causing my bike to run lean due to low fuel pressure

Apr 15, 2010
Any recent recommendations for a good workshop in Pattaya?

I went to the one 2 posts earlier, but was disappointed. Damaged my swing arm bearings and changed the fork oil with the wrong and different amount of oil in the forks.

I need to do some engine work, so need someone who knows a torque wrench...

Cheers,
Frank

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Franconian;266466 wrote: Any recent recommendations for a good workshop in Pattaya? I went to the one 2 posts earlier, but was disappointed. Frank
Sorry you had a bad experience with that shop.
I posted of the shop you mentioned, but they only fixed a broken aluminum bracket. I've only been that that one time and never had any mechanical work done there.

I do regularly use 'Nippon Bikes' for service and work on my dirt bike and road bike.
I listed them with directions on the first page of this forum...see post #6.

Oct 17, 2006
To be brutally honest you cannot trust any of the Thai mechanics in the Japanese /euro bike shops they are all hit and miss , some of the HD shops are better but they too have ''THAINESS'' days .

Thats why i do ALL my work myself and do remedial jobs for Chatri when his lads are stymied ....

Jan 4, 2010
I had good work done on my XR250 at a little shop cnr. Chaleom Phrakiat and Chaleom Phrakiat 10 not far from Carrefour, his brother runs a bigger road bike shop nearby.

Rod

ntb

Aug 18, 2009
I will be in Pattaya and need to have oil change on my newly rebuilt DRZ 400. Any good shops for that. And directions since I am only a little bit familiar with Pattaya.
Thanks

Jul 20, 2013
onboard-2009;266642 wrote: I had good work done on my XR250 at a little shop cnr. Chaleom Phrakiat and Chaleom Phrakiat 10 not far from Carrefour, his brother runs a bigger road bike shop nearby.

Rod
Hey man, Do you know where I can get after market parts for a klx 250? in Pattaya? Presuming your still there.

Cher.

Steve

Mar 26, 2014
After Market parts are much easier to get now with Kawasaki stealership having a decent accessory store. They are getting a much better inventory now. But most people still just buy off the net for that stuff. I bought all my stuff for the CRF from the net and had it sent to my other house in Australia then just brought it all back with me on one of my trips back to OZ. I was surprised how many vendors won't send to Thailand from the internet.

On a side note. Is there anyone in Pattaya area that has a bike dyno? I'd like to put my Diavel on a dyno with a new tuning kit I have.

Cheers
Steve

Oct 17, 2006
NO dynos in pattaya now , there used to be 2 dyno's in pattaya ,, unfortunately the mobile one was sold when the owner died and i dont know where it went , the other was owned by a british gentleman who used to do development for castrol oil and other companies and was an ex motorcycle racer but that is also closed down

Dirt shop in BKK has one , easy access from pattaya as its on Onnut road

Mar 26, 2014
Thanks Monsterman.

I actually live in Bangkok but buying the bike from Pattaya. I just found that there seemed to be more to choose from and easier access in Pattaya. I'll check out dirt bike in Bangers though.

Cheers

Steve