Safety Gear

May 30, 2009
I know this goes without saying, but im gonna anyway....

WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR!!!

It doesn't work sitting on the shelf at home....I've learned this tooo many times. Well, I guess haven't learned because i'm sitting here again, another broken foot, 7 fractures, that might have been saved if I wore my boots. But I was in a HURRY! So I threw on the trainers.....

It doesnt matter if it's hand guards for tight trails, knee pads for roots, flack jackets for collar and spine, or just plain old riding boots....you gotta use em. I've broken just about every bone, and I'd say half could have been prevented with safety gear.

After 12 different broken leg bone injuries, you think I'd learn....

I got plenty of time to think about being an idget.

Don't hesistate!!! Put it on!!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
hsracer 369

Ouch!
Get well soon......but a bit of a strange first post.
What did you hit & what bike were you riding.

Now while you're layed up & out of action, why not post a few photos & brief trip reports.

May 30, 2009
Hi David!!

I had to change ISP here, the service was terrible, so I couldn't post.....

The bike was an XR...in my haste, i realized i left out some details..basically riding along, passing a truck on the road to Nam Lik, and guess I swiped a rock or a stump. I didn't notice for about 60 seconds. In the video ( i had a my hel cam on) i think it's about 50 seconds before i started cursing. And the road was too wide in other places to graze something like that, so it had to be the truck pass.

2 Lessons:

1. patience when passing
2. wear the gear.

I will link to some videos on the ride report section, including this accident..

Its been almost 3 weeks, and I am OK without crutches...can walk OK with weight on the heel, as the FX's were towards the toes, the metacarpels, i think they are called. About another week before I can go off road....

Take care
eric