Siam Superbike - History?

Oct 17, 2006
The excact same scam has been perpetrated on 2 bike shops in Pattaya in the last 2 years, One shop is still in Business as the owner is an honorable man who is working his arse off to pay back 3m baht to customers , he himself lost 11m baht , he was ripped off by long standing staff member in cahoots with corrupt police and an insurance company and members of a bike club. Some of the people involved have been arrested and some money and books recovered. His business is solid though as he has big stocks and good connections now.
One of the perpetrators of the scam is being very co-operative with investigators in return for lenient treatment and more assets will be recoverd soon.

The other shop was forced to close ,the owner lost 8m baht but no customers were affected.

My investigations hint that some off the people who ripped Siam are connected to the group who ripped off the Pattaya shops.

The Land transport dept is very poorly organised , not much linkage between departments or computerisation, many bikes are not on bangkoks computer even if they have a green book,especially if they were registered in certain provices.

Jerry.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote]After this the only Thai I would let near any of my bikes would be Subanan in Khon kaen

I have had good service from a guy in Pattaya. On Sukhuvit going towards BKK past the Naklhu? (last) traffic light, past the police station, on the left there is a small row of shop houses and he is the last shop. It looks a bit rough but... He may fix broken things (clutch cable) in a creative way but won't do basically shoddy work.

Any Pattaya guys have a counter point?

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

Originally posted by Rigger

^ Then what are you going to do. About the only thing you could do is try and steal them back which I dont think would be a good idea. Unless he still has all the paper work but this would still lead to more trouble for him and his family.

Rigger,

I was thinking more along the lines of forums members not buying them and not recommending them to others, also if found at a bike shop it would cast doubt on the legitamacy of other bikes in the same shop.

The point would be to deny anyone in the supply chain from benefiting from the "confiscation"

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
quote:

I too have no aspirations on setting up a business here.

I wouldn't be put of that much. If the connection between SSB and the Pattaya "heists" is true, it sounds more like a bank job than anything. If bike registration is hard to pin down then a shop full of imported bikes is just like a bank with the money on shelves. Just wall in and take some.

If you had aspirations to start a business where the capital invested in the transportable stock is small and business has few actual assets then you can still earn a living, employ locals thereby giving something back to the country we choose to call home.

Oct 17, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by mikerust

quote:

I too have no aspirations on setting up a business here.

I wouldn't be put of that much. If the connection between SSB and the Pattaya "heists" is true, it sounds more like a bank job than anything. If bike registration is hard to pin down then a shop full of imported bikes is just like a bank with the money on shelves. Just wall in and take some.

If you had aspirations to start a business where the capital invested in the transportable stock is small and business has few actual assets then you can still earn a living, employ locals thereby giving something back to the country we choose to call home.

they are not heists it is sophiscated and systematc fraud .
Ther are no longer any missing bikes or books from the Pattaya ripoffs now just money and some re-registrations on 2 bikes to make them legal again which will cost more money.

There are a few good techies in Pattaya and many bad ones , contact me for guidance, depends on bike type and problem.
I do my own maintainance .

jerry

jerry

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
This thread is getting off topic. Ok a similar thing happened in Pattaya. But were any of our members hurt?

Let's leave this for Siam Superbikes.

I wonder if this Peter geezer has ever said "Sorry" to any of his ex customers?

syafi

Nov 19, 2006
Ahh good feedback from peter. I heard about his problem but didnt expect such a bad problem. Wish you luck peter.

Oct 17, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by dotcom

This thread is getting off topic. Ok a similar thing happened in Pattaya. But were any of our members hurt?

Let's leave this for Siam Superbikes.

I wonder if this Peter geezer has ever said "Sorry" to any of his ex customers?

Its not the point there are Siam Superbike customers in Pattaya too,and the scammers could be people u deal with any where, The underground Thai motorcycle criminals sre a small community and work around Bangkok,Chonburi,Khorat, Phuket, Chantaburi, Chiang Mai,
I have done business with Peter with no problems in the past, believe me he is a victim and some Thai companies have had similar problems.

jerry

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
Well then if it's such a big problem why not start a new thread? What happened to Peter was not random. His boy Jum decided he wanted the entire pie.

Oct 7, 2006
ok,,about peter.r i met him yrs ago.we worked together,,in NZ.havent seen him 4 yrs..all i can say is he is a very respectable person,, i knew his mum and dad,they are very nice people...he wasnt into biking then..but had a brother which was quite hot..peter has had a good upbring..he is a sincere guy ...he was into car racing when i knew him...didnt know he ride...ask peter used to ride around the car park on my
100 cc yam shit that was nearly 30 yrs ago..cant beleive i met him here..david u have an ex forum in here,,,peter is in ozz now..........chilling out..peter is a straight up honest guy.....very honest, its a bit its a bit unfortuten him,,,,,exxluse my spelling ,,,will keep in contact with him...........who wants to some adventure ridigh i n se thaicontact me lol