The PITSTOP Moto Bar

Jul 1, 2008
Hello All,
I live here in CM and have just opened a new motoshop/Bar down by the night safari/Royal flora grounds.
we have a hydrualic lift table and a couple of roll aways full of tools.
we sell new and used moto gear. we will also take on consigments sale if you need to get rid of anything you want to sell.

we play motorcycle racing dvds in our bar and have cocktails and draft beer below city prices.

If your out on a ride and down this way stop in to have a beer and use a tool.
Hope to meet some other riders from the area.

Scott

Jul 1, 2008
Happy Feet,

we are located just off the 121 about 200m on the left side, right before the turning circle.
Follow any NIght safari sign in Chiang Mai and it will lead to the Pitstop.
I have just installed UBC and will look into the getting the channel for Moto GP and other racing.
We will be closed today and tomorow (2nd &3rd) due to some cement work being done, but open back up on Friday. We are normaly open from 12 to 12, 7 days a week.
Come on buy for some bench racing.

Scott

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
pitstop wrote: Happy Feet,
Follow any NIght safari sign in Chiang Mai and it will lead to the Pitstop.
Scott
Short of getting B&T to guide me in, which may be an issue
- do you have GPS coordinates and post a pix for those of us who are visually challenged.

But well done in doing something that many have thought was sorely needed.

You may need to add in the courtesy songteaw and overnight parking!
:lol:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Scott
Welcome to the GT rider forum.
It's always good to see new guys on the forum & in the area riding.

But I wonder why the change from highonthai to pitstop?

Have you given up on
http://www.highonthai.com/
and are now concentrating on the bar, or doing both with the bar on the off season?

Jul 1, 2008
David,

Thanks for the welome. I had tried to login to this new forum with my old screen name, but for some reason could not.

The highonthai moto/Jeep thing is ready to make a come back at some point. I'd been very involved in my Racing in the States and Mexico so had litte time for the tour thing here. Now that I will ony drive 3 or 4 races of the series, I will have more time for my projects here in Thailand.

Hope to meet you soon
Scott

Oct 12, 2005
Scott,

This is what I call progress, forget about western toilets and highway building. A bar that caters to the gearhead, hats off to you Scot for putting it together. Will astop by for a chin wag when I'm back in a few days.

You racing two or four wheelers back home?

Jul 1, 2008
B&T,
Hope to meet you soon.
I have been racing the Baja 250/500/1000 races (SCORE series) on 4 wheels for a few years now.

Scott

Nov 11, 2006
You opened on the Samoeng Rd near the canal and then quickly closed it.
Now you've popped up in the new location! What happened there?

Jul 1, 2008
Without getting into the detals.

I sub-leased that location and after doing all the upgrades to the property things went sour. the landlord was into substance abuse and some other shady dealings which I did not want to be around. So, I cut my losses and learned a lesson. Opened in the new location which I like even more.

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
Good stuff... Just around the corner from my house. I'll pop by next week. Good luck....

Nov 11, 2006
Muzz - what day? I live right behind the first location and obviously not far from the new one!

Oct 12, 2005
Stopped by the Pitstop bar on Sunday.

As Scott says, take the Canal road (121) , turn west on the road that goes to the "Night Safari". about 100 meters up on your left, even had a sign in the road for us blind gits. About 25 meters before the roundabout.

Loved the set-up, he's got three shop stalls combined to make his "Pitstop". One section a retail outlet with off road riding jerseys/gloves/goggles and a proper bike lift that had a Yamaha WR on it with his rollaway toolboxes in the rear.

The other two stalls are his bar, complete with flatscreen telly that the lovely lady flipped on World Enduro coverage when I rocked up. Great stuff watching David Knight showing us all how to ride a bike properly.

I rocked by to watch the 125 cc and 250cc GP bikes on Sunday. No dice as the channel was not avialable. The gal said they are going this week to get UBC coverage that inlcudes the channel to watch moto GP. Talk about patron satisfaction!!!

He's got some of his racing pics; SCORE buggies, MC trials, etc. and memorabilla decorating the walls.

Love to see this type of venue and wish him nothing but success.

He's also got "on any Sunday" if any of you louts want to stop by for a beer and watch this classic let me know as its been awhile since I've seen Malcolm Smith in action.

Scott you got "Dust to Glory" by chance?

Jul 1, 2008
Thank you for stopping by, sorry I missed you. I'm glad you like the place and understand what I've tried to do. I just thought it would be nice to make a place like everyones garage where we all seem to end up in at a party, and talk motorcycles.

I do have the "Dust to glory" dvd if I can get it back from the person I lent it to. (don't know if you noticed but, my old race car was sponsored by IFC films/Dust to Glory)

It would be great to have a "On Any Sunday Night", a must see for any (Dare I say , BIKER) motorcyclist...

Your from california? Where about?
Hope to see ya soon.
Scott

Oct 12, 2005
I'm from Venice Beach, California.

Let us know if you get the UBC hook-up for moto gP. A lot of us love to yell at the telly whilst the boys battle.

if snyone wants to get together for a perv at On any Sunday, Dust to Glory or any other bike stuff at the Pitstop i'm game. Post your film desires and lets drop by for a "Pitstop".

Cheers Scott.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The Pit Stop:

359424338_7p6KY-S.jpg

359424351_isyQN-S.jpg

359424400_LJtTM-S.jpg