Triumph 5TA

Oct 17, 2006
Saw a triumph 500 5TA yesterday made in 1957 nacelle version , belongs to a thai guy who lives in the next Street to me.I had one 32 years ago when i was 17.

also It is rumoured that a Norton commando 850 Mk2 is for sale in Pattaya , I am investigating.I owned 5 of them in YUK best old brit bike made.

monsterman

Apr 10, 2006
Whereabouts is the 5TA Jerry ? I'll go and have a nose when I'm back in town [:eek:)]

Great bike the old Commando but do they handle as good as a featherbed Dominator [?]

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Had a 62 5TA (Speed Twin) when I was 19. Was done out in street-scrambler style with knobblies, high pipes e.t.c. Looked better than the new "Scrambler" from Triumph (sorry Rhodie!), but I probably pushed it as far as I rode it during the time I had it. [:(]

Cheers,

Pikey.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Jerry, where are you based? I thought you were in Pattaya but maybe you are in CNX? The reason is that today at CM Speedway bike racing meet, there was a black 5TA! Was done out semi-street scrambler but with the nacelle on and low level pea shooter pipes. It looked "well used" and didn't have a plate. Same bike?

Cheers,

Pikey.

Apr 10, 2006
Jerry is based in Pattaya and so therefore is the 5TA, he's a near neighbour of mine when I'm in country which is handy for me when I need a chain tightening from pulling too many wheelies [}:)]