Vdo - Nan Backyard Race Track

Sukie

Jul 1, 2008
Nan backyard track - road surface, curves, no traffic, beauty, weather - this is the best I've seen

It is not on the map but connect Wiang Sa (hw 1243) to Nam Muap (hw1162) in Nan province

All you speed demons go check it out, you won't regret

Follow this link -

Reactions: DavidFL

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Sukie, awsome !!!!! Hey sorry guys Tony, Peter & Co, need to go to Nan again soon, when is someone free to do this ???? I might be free soon as some chances are coming up and will definetely spend some quality time in Nan but go twice with both FJR & SRX, hurry up !!!! Cheers, Franz

Feb 14, 2007
Sukie wrote: Nan backyard track - road surface, curves, no traffic, beauty, weather - this is the best I've seen

All you speed demons go check it out, you won't regret
Sukie, a great video! I ride R1243/1162 (Huai Phai - Salli - Wiang Sa ) in last may. I have a same feeling, this is the best road I've seen in northern Thailand. A awesome road!

Dec 27, 2007
Very nice! :mrgreen:

Is this it?
1162and1243Map.jpg

Headed up to Nan on Friday for the Biker Festival- normally just blast up the 11 to Phitsanulok and the 101 to Nan but will have to see how best to modify our itinerary so that we can hit these roads.

Hope to see many of you in Nan this weekend!

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sukie

Jul 1, 2008
Yeah, I went back and forth on that route about 5 times laughing my ass off, couldn't believe the surface quality and lack of traffic, would have to take the 1098 back the next time.

Tony - I dont believe that's it on your map. You get to Wiang Sa first and continue on the 1243, just a little out of town there's a sign on your left which I believe say Nam Muap, you turn there. You cross a bride and shorty after your on the Nan Circuit. On the way back to BKK I took the 1083 then 1047 (almost all the way to Phitsanulok) which was amazing. However, will take you a lot longer than the 101 - a lot of curves and some off-roading.

Dave - i ran into a Nan Senator while in Bo Kluea and she wanted me to help out with tourism in Nan - maybe a Music/Bike Fest, just thinking out loud

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Sukie wrote: Yeah, I went back and forth on that route about 5 times laughing my ass off, couldn't believe the surface quality and lack of traffic, would have to take the 1098 back the next time.

Tony - I dont believe that's it on your map. You get to Wiang Sa first and continue on the 1243, just a little out of town there's a sign on your left which I believe say Nam Muap, you turn there. You cross a bride and shorty after your on the Nan Circuit. On the way back to BKK I took the 1083 then 1047 (almost all the way to Phitsanulok) which was amazing. However, will take you a lot longer than the 101 - a lot of curves and some off-roading.

Dave - i ran into a Nan Senator while in Bo Kluea and she wanted me to help out with tourism in Nan - maybe a Music/Bike Fest, just thinking out loud

Sukie
Here's the elevation profile of R1243
75978588-M.jpg

from
Return to Nan & back to the future?

And a map & quote from 18 Jun 2006....

Davidfl wrote: Colin
Glad you agree the "roads are good aren't they." I bet you can't wait to get back here riding on the BeeEm.

It's a shame that more guys don't get over to Nan & ride, as it is just about all sensational riding.
For anyone who wants to have a go, check out this little map below

76130318-M.jpg

And if you do ride in Nan, please contribute a brief report.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On
The music - bike festival(s) for Nan is a good idea. They should have a couple of events strung together (1) in Pua & a couple in Nan after day rides.
According to my local contact the one going on this weekend is the first? combined music-bike festival & is not without it's internal conflicts trying to get the package right. How well it pans out we wont know until the day, but even if it is only half successful it should only be good for Nan & the future.

Last edited:

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
David, would love to help with any ''biking in Nan'' related activities. Also good if GTR gets involved when requests by MP were already done to Sukie. Helps both, Nan in creating additional revenue and this from people who really have some funds, helps us in getting our ''favourite biking area'' set up. Opportunities also for privies such as restaurants other than Somtam, pubs, proper accomodation catering us bikers and maybe finally somewhere where you can get swimming gear and bread rolls other than the 'toast' that shrieks once you sit on it..... :D , cheers, Franz

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
As part of the (slowly) growing network of GT Riders websites, http://www.Nan-Thailand.info has recently been ramped up to provide some additional Nan Province information.

The plan is to expand this (and other sites in the network) to include a series of recommended, detailed day / multi-day tours within the province.