visa update for laos

Hendi

Apr 12, 2005
Hi guys I just learn from the Laos Embassy in DC that they will not give any visa for tourist for over 15 days they were doing it before but now they just told me that if you want a longer visa you need to extend it in Laos. They supposely just change this because 4 weeks ago when they received my visa they were still giving longer visa, I will try to extend my visa for the extra week that I need to stay there or maybe I will cross the border in VTE and rent a bike on the Thailand side if possible.

Hendi
http://hkaf.photosite.com/Hendipictures2005/

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I am in Laos now on a 30 day Visa. You can get one in Bangkok or most travel agencies in Chiang Mai can arrange it. It is the same cost as a 15 day visa on arrival. The problem is that on this trip I could not get longer than 15 days for the motorcycle. More in a trip report when I get back.

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

alen

Jun 20, 2005
Hi,about getting longer visa for motorbike at the border.
You can get visa for 1 month but it depends on the mood of the officer in custom servise at the border.
I got one month visa after chatting some with officer,and ask him politely to get longer visa. Also i speak russian as him ,so i think its also helped.
So you can learn few words in rushian ,and chat some with officer.
Have anice trip.

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Alen,

Are you talking about Visa or how long you were allowed to keep the motorcycle in Laos? What border crossing did you use?

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?