X-Road 250 available now!

Jan 27, 2011
alexbrouwer1;268189 wrote: Tony, i am already looking for mirrors with LED blinkers, get rid of the original blinkers, i think it will look much better.
http://www.cyccon.com they got some nice mirrors with blinkers.
Be careful of the size of some of the mirrors with turn signals. I ordered a set from the US. They were nice having turn signals in front and back and tear drop shape. When I got them I thought they looked a little small and I installed them on the fury. I liked them for the turn signals, you could see you had the signal on but as far as seeing behind you they were useless. I took them back off and put the stock ones on and have them up for sale now.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
That's great news that the X-Road is finally available! I wrote that I thought they wouldn't offer it because of the CBR250R which is only 10K more, as far as I know.
I stand corrected!
What's the story, why did Sachs back out and Tiger take over?
Is it only available at Tiger in Bangkok?
Are there any dyno numbers? Would be a joke if an air-cooled 235cc 2 valve SOHC engine produces the same power as the D-Tracker!
I'm interested in a long-term test to see how the bike holds up after 20,000km.
I'd paint the rear subframe black so the red would be from steering head to the rear axle in only one direction.

Attached files
268663=3548-xroad.jpg

Nov 7, 2007
KZ,
The story of Sachs and Tiger is kind of confusing but it was later decided that Tiger will sell the X-road , madass & kikass without the Sachs Logo. However Tiger & SFM Gmbh ( Sachs germany) are in good relation- just Sachs Trademark holder(Hongkong) and a middleman company ( FYM, which discontinued their Factories and became 5r motors, a trading company) is where the problem lies.

First thing Tiger did they raised the warranty from 2 years Sachs warranty, to Tiger Motors 3years or 30000km warranty. And Tigers Service is already well known,i guess.
The X-road can be ordered online here: Miguel's Nong Hoi and thus available nationwide.
No dyno nr's available. We are still quite new with the X-road so it's teething time ...hope not too many teething aches :)

Anyways, i look forward in getting my X-road on 21st June :)
happy trails,

mbox

Nov 7, 2007

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
"Biggest issue was we both felt that the engine was not delivering full power, but holding back."
Seems to me that the hoses on the right side of the engine are part of some emission nonsense to get the carbed bike legal.
I bet my neighbors dog that if you figure out how to get rid of that plumbing the bike will run way better!

Nov 7, 2007
KZ, i think you have some good points.
Alex (and myself) thought that different airfilter (K&N perhaps) some carb re-jetting and a different (or emptied) muffler will make this baby fly . Anyways i will get mine in 14 days and see how it goes "stock" first.

Here some Video of the x-road 125 that runs without muffler :

What kind of dog does your neighbor have ? :)

mbox

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I had a California model XR650L which came with hoses and a pump, the bike ran terrible. Just taking that stuff off, plugging the holes and reconnecting the hoses improved the bike more than the K&N air filter, main jet and Supertrapp I installed later.

Nov 7, 2007