Yamaha Super Tennere 1200

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
The new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200 cc will have it's first international introduction at the MotoPlus-exhibition in Istanbul on Thursday 25.2.2010

I think that if somebody want to go there Istanbul Airlines sell quite cheap tickets.

HIKO

Aug 31, 2005
here it is

022410bottom.jpg

more info here
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/24februa ... ounced.htm

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Wow, perfect !! Shaftdrive, Inline 2, wet weight 260 kgs (heavy!!) ?? Looks like a real 'ripper' :lol: :lol: :lol: . But then again OH NO, what will be the price of this beauty in Thailand :evil: ?? Or will it even be considered to be imported ?? Now that Khun Tum has left Yamaha CNX, I'm even less confident in any further positive development..... :cry: . FR

Sep 4, 2007
Franz wrote: Now that Khun Tum has left Yamaha CNX, I'm even less confident in any further positive development..... :cry: . FR
Not meaning any disrespect to Khun Tum, but I did not see he had any effect whatsover on Yamaha's choice of bikes to import. You have to talk to the big boys down in BKK for that. but maybe more than that one needs some more competition to come onboard, such as KTM, now arriving and Honda??? and maybe better performance from the Yamaha group before they can afford to expand. Chiang Mai folks are well covered for sales and service for a number of makes, as is BKK of course and to some extent Phuket, but for a large part of Thailands population these places are just too far away for most people to make the investment, and the service journeys.
Still the non grey imported big bike does seem to be on the upward path, but if you look at the numbers at any big bike event: compared with the local, grey book, non book, home assembled concoctions, they are still a small fraction of the whole. Must be very difficult for the manufacturers to really assess the true sales potential of any new models, such as the new appealing Tenere.

Nov 22, 2005
Hello !

Any news whether the Super Tenere will be sold in thailand ?
Looks ok and maybe reliability is better than a BMW

Robert

Nov 7, 2007
2wheels wrote: I asked at the Yamaha stand at the Bgk Motor Show.
After discussing the question amongst themselves, I was told that it wont be coming here
because Yamaha Thailand 'doesn't have the right papers'.
:thumbdown:
As long as it's not sold in the USA - it's probably about the strict emissions laws in Thailand. The linked article says US will get it in 2011.

Too bad, this is a gorgeous bike!