2022 GTR Shirt Ideas

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A few ideas I have been mulling over for awhile.

GTR SHIRTS 2022
  1. Paradise Road long long sleeve.
  2. Polo S E Asia Touring Pioneers short sleeve.​
  3. R1148 Legends long sleeve.​
  4. GTR Happy Hour / Beer O Clock Hound Dogs short sleeve.​
Any ideas, suggestions are most welcome.
Shirt sponsorship will be available as in the GTR Dinner Legends shirt.

For the GTR Happy Hour Hound Dogs shirt I am open to someone else coming up with design samples.

A couple of other shops have been recommended to me, but if everyone is happy with the materials & sizing from the current GTR Shirt supplier I will stick with them; although they have yet to make a long sleeve.

Bring on 2022 & lets make it a great year for riding & touring the kingdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heineken

Jawnee

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2016
Chiang Mai
I would do the long sleeves with the supplier of the Golden Triangle Riders shirts. The material is good and dries quickly, which is good when you are doing your laundry in the shower in some distant hotel.

I like all four of the ideas.

Heineken

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 2, 2019
GTR SHIRTS 2020
Any ideas, suggestions is most welcome.

A couple of other shops have been recommended to me, but if everyone is happy with the materials & sizing from the current GTR Shirt supplier I will stick with them; although they have yet to make a long sleeve.

Hopefully they will be GTR SHIRTS 2022 :laughing:

I am very happy with the current supplier, great fit, quality seems good, they also dry quickly............................I am sure they would make long sleeve shirts for those that like them, personally I am a short sleeve man :cool:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Hopefully they will be GTR SHIRTS 2022 :laughing:

I am very happy with the current supplier, great fit, quality seems good, they also dry quickly............................I am sure they would make long sleeve shirts for those that like them, personally I am a short sleeve man :cool:

Fixed the typo. Thanks & LOL. :p
RE short / long sleeves, I think that could be an option for some people, as long as you pay the long sleeve price perhaps. I could get the shop to fix it.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I would do the long sleeves with the supplier of the Golden Triangle Riders shirts. The material is good and dries quickly, which is good when you are doing your laundry in the shower in some distant hotel.

I like all four of the ideas.

The more expensive long sleeve shirt supplier?
1641303297236.png

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I don't like that weird Material the shirts are made of recently? sort of nylon stuff? Prefer a traditional Cotton shirt. My Favourite was the Plain Black Collared Shirt. I have a Green one also but with different Coloured collar. all the same colour looks more classy?
And yes agree with Moto-Rex. Small Logo on the front and reasonable size on the back. Not to big or to busy! Lowers the class?

Reactions: scotty007

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang

Biggles

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2012
A few ideas I have been mulling over for awhile.

GTR SHIRTS 2022
Any ideas, suggestions are most welcome.

For the GTR Happy Hour Hound Dogs shirt I am open to someone else coming up with design samples.

Bring on 2022 & lets make it a great year for riding & touring the kingdom.
I do not have a GT Rider shirt but I would like to own one or more. I agree with Ian Bungy in his preference to cotton.
With any form of exercise cotton breathes, builds up less body heat, and deals with sweat better. If you want
to compare this concept, try walking up hill quickly on a hot day with a synthetic shirt, then try cotton & feel the difference.
Also agree with Ian re subtle look. Something one can wear anywhere.

Look forward to seeing you all at a meal sometime soon. Best regards to you all from Biggles.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I do not have a GT Rider shirt but I would like to own one or more. I agree with Ian Bungy in his preference to cotton.
With any form of exercise cotton breathes, builds up less body heat, and deals with sweat better. If you want
to compare this concept, try walking up hill quickly on a hot day with a synthetic shirt, then try cotton & feel the difference.
Also agree with Ian re subtle look. Something one can wear anywhere.

Look forward to seeing you all at a meal sometime soon. Best regards to you all from Biggles.

See you at Sakthong in Sa Iab on Wednesday 27th April 2022.

Jawnee

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2016
Chiang Mai
I like the synthetic because it will dry overnight after you wash it in the shower. This is good for those long trips when you don't want to take along 10 or 15 changes of shirts, underwear, and socks that won't fit into the 60 litre dry bag. I prefer cotton for those shorter trips and for walking around town when at home.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
My favourite shirt I was given in Brazil. A country that should know about hot weather. It is synthetic with a coarse weave so the air flows through and around.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
3 down out of this list

The Touring Pioneers
1658931160405-png.148349

The 1148 Shirt
1672760370000-png.150536

The GTR Mekong Rider / Paradise Road shirt

1679810198153-jpeg.151129

Long or short sleves
1679810218604-jpeg.151130

I will endeavour to find a new supplier for a cotton polo shirt as requested by some.

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Self confessed ideas man. Here's my punt. Themed along the same lines as a Finke desert race Tee i have, which is a list of race winners. Subtle front logo and on the back, a list of north Thailands best roads, as per a GT-R thread. It will never run short of chat and opinion, once uncovered. Be prepared for the conversation, put the list to the vote, re print...... My 2 bobs

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Self confessed ideas man. Here's my punt. Themed along the same lines as a Finke desert race Tee i have, which is a list of race winners. Subtle front logo and on the back, a list of north Thailands best roads, as per a GT-R thread. It will never run short of chat and opinion, once uncovered. Be prepared for the conversation, put the list to the vote, re print...... My 2 bobs

Thanks for the idea.

I've actually been thinking of
1. Doi Rider, something like you suggested. Smal logo front, on the back all the best Dois, mountains, to ride.
2. North Thailand Rider's Paradise, with a GTR North Thailand biker map on the back.
3. Rock 'n Roll, Ride Nan, with a GTR Nan map.
4. Let's Ride Laos, with a GTR Laos map on the back.

Wazza

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Sep 17, 2017
Here’s a photo of the Finke shirt, quite effective 3 colour layout. The Doi shirt might end up a bucket list item, to be done!
F2EE4023-9371-4543-AD03-4F5E2871FF3F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Moto-Rex