battery problem

katana

Oct 6, 2007
Hi.

I bought a new battery for my honda spada. It is a Magnum ytx-7 and comes with the acid in seperate containers that you fill the battery with.

This went well and after 5 minutes it was installed. The problem started when I connected the = and - wires ... yikes !!!!!! I thought it was going to explode.

The battery actually has the + and - in the plastic case marked the wrong way around. I re connected in reverse and it fired up......

Magnum has a website so I logged on @ www.magnum.co.th and sent of a polite email.

The amazin part is that I got a call 3 minutes later from a CSO in Bangkok asking what model, how it was connected ect and then appologised and asked my what I wished to do. Since the battery seems to be fine just marked incorrectly I said ' mai bpen rai' . He said they would investigate and thanked me and offered to send a 'gift' for my trouble.

Mark

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
katana wrote: Hi.

I bought a new battery for my honda spada. It is a Magnum ytx-7 and comes with the acid in seperate containers that you fill the battery with.

This went well and after 5 minutes it was installed. The problem started when I connected the = and - wires ... yikes !!!!!! I thought it was going to explode.

The battery actually has the + and - in the plastic case marked the wrong way around. I re connected in reverse and it fired up......

Magnum has a website so I logged on @ www.magnum.co.th and sent of a polite email.

The amazin part is that I got a call 3 minutes later from a CSO in Bangkok asking what model, how it was connected ect and then appologised and asked my what I wished to do. Since the battery seems to be fine just marked incorrectly I said ' mai bpen rai' . He said they would investigate and thanked me and offered to send a 'gift' for my trouble.

Mark
Mark,
Indeed, Amazing Thailand & great news that you got polite efficient service after only an email complaint.
Some other people may not have been so polite or helpful.
Let's know if & what gift you get. It should be a "little beauty."

Magnum

May 10, 2008
Hi there,

Once Again we at magnum apologise for what happened to your battery. Just to check, have you recieved thr gift from us yet?

Mar 11, 2008
Holy crap !! Who are this magnum company and how do I buy their products..

A company that stalks its customers !! :lol:

katana

Oct 6, 2007
Yes indeed got some very nice halogen bulbs that work great.

I also get regular product sheets and newsletters that are interesting.

The battery is still going strong as well.

:D

Mark

Oct 17, 2006
always worth running the multimeter over the new Battery just in case of reversed polarity and also as a voltage check

That's the best customer service story I have ever heard, anywhere. Good to see that there is still the odd company that believes in looking after customers and I will remember that if or when the time comes.

I've never heard of or seen a battery marked the wrong way round and as a mechanic I have installed a few.

That's the best customer service story I have ever heard, anywhere. Good to see that there is still the odd company that believes in looking after customers and I will remember that if or when the time comes.

I've never heard of or seen a battery marked the wrong way round and as a mechanic I have installed a few.