Chumphon Bike Week - Part 2

Jun 21, 2006
From Ranong only about 120 kms to Chumphon.
The rain was coming down big time, by now, and was glad I had fitted new tyres before leaving Phuket.

CIMG3648.jpg

On arriving into Chumphon, easy enough to find the venue, as there were banners hanging up everywhere.

CIMG3645.jpg

imagine the work that has gone into building this bike.
The guy in orange t'shirt is the president of Chumphon Superbikers. When I arrived he introduced himself to me, made sure I had some accomodation, if not had quite a few hotel desks represented at the sign in.

CIMG3649.jpg

Now, this is what Pico-Pico should be driving/riding

CIMG3650.jpg

CIMG3651.jpg

TJ's Honda Wave parked up amongst the big bikes...

CIMG3653.jpg

Joko from K.L. was also there. hard to believe his Africa twin is 15 years
old

CIMG3655.jpg

Some of the bikes lined up, ready for the ride.

CIMG3659.jpg

Joko with some of the 'locals'. Joko rode up from KL with 8 others, on a variety of bikes ranging from Goldwings to CBR's

CIMG3662.jpg

A couple of GS's from Bangkok

CIMG3667.jpg

Nice looking Versys from KL. Check out the loud pipes underneath..

CIMG3670.jpg

The 'touring Wave' I saw in Ranong. There were about 300 bikes on the ride, we rode about 25 kms to the beach. I was riding along quite happilly keeping up with the pack, when a Farang on this wave overtook me, 2 up, and loaded down with all that touring gear.

CIMG3671.jpg

And if that wasn't bad enough, this little Honda Monkey bike overtook me as well.

CIMG3676.jpg

Joko and TJ, doing a bit of 'Male Bonding'

This was where the ride ended up, a nice view of the islands. Met up with Rustic Charm here, he had just arrived on his Ducati wit the boys from up north.

CIMG3681.jpg

A neat conversion to change gear by hand

CIMG3685.jpg

Close up of hand gear change

CIMG3688.jpg

The ride back to Chumphon

CIMG3689.jpg

Some really nice restored bikes on the ride..

CIMG3691.jpg

After the ride TJ parks his Wave alongside Joko's Africa Twin.

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
Great pics and report TJ. Wish I had gone down there now but was still sulking after my Phuket trip.

On your first report to Ranong.....is that a bag of rice on the back of the bike?

Jun 21, 2006
Dougal wrote: Great pics and report TJ. Wish I had gone down there now but was still sulking after my Phuket trip.

On your first report to Ranong.....is that a bag of rice on the back of the bike?
Actually that is my blow up doll, to keep me company at night !!!!!!!!

Jun 21, 2006
Marco wrote: Cool pic TJ,, wondering in what body the "trike" was made of?
Marco, I didn't actually run my hands over the body...... but looking at the curves close up, I would guess it was made of fibeglass

Jun 21, 2006
Hi Maco

There was a clear panel on top of engine cover, a la Ferrari

Looking in I think it was a boxer type car engine, but couldn't quite see what make

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
John, problem still exists, no pitures in your report shown anymore on this website !! Also your avatar is missing. Maybe Ben can check what happened. Cheers, Franz

Jun 21, 2006
Hi Franz

best to get onto Ben, I have just signed on and my avatar and foto's are all there, same same as last time you had the problem.

When I was in Kwaka's showroom, I signed on their pc to show them my trip report and no foto's displayed same problem as you

good luck with it

cheers

Johno

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
tropicaljohno wrote: Hi Maco

There was a clear panel on top of engine cover, a la Ferrari

Looking in I think it was a boxer type car engine, but couldn't quite see what make
most of the ones here in Australia always used VW engines, because they were air cooled... I know that some have started using Subaru engines, probably just because they are flat fours, but still mostly they are air cooled VW engines...

Seems to have car headlights...

Cheers,
Daewoo...

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
John, many thanks !

Ben (SEO guy) & Admin. could you check on your PC ? Are there more guys that have the same problem ?? Thanks in advance for your help ! Franz

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Franz - Eastern Seaboard wrote: John, many thanks !

Ben (SEO guy) & Admin. could you check on your PC ? Are there more guys that have the same problem ?? Thanks in advance for your help ! Franz
Strange guys, it's all there on my screen.
CIMG3676.jpg

FotosB4StatesTrip049-2.jpg

My guess is it's the default settings on your browser. Pop ups are blocked?
No other guys seem to be complaining, so is it just your set up?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ahhhhhh of course, I'm working on a company server where all pop-ups are blocked. Clear now, many thanks David. Franz