Fallibilities / Funnies / Stuff Ups..........

Dec 27, 2007
Arthur Davidson, inventor of the Harley Davidson motorcycle
corporation, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter
told Arthur, "since you've been such a good man and your
motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can
hang out with anyone you want in heaven."

Arthur thought about it for a minute and then said, "I want to
hang out with God."

So Arthur asked God " Hey, aren't you the inventor of woman?"

God said, "ah, yes."

"Well," said Arthur, "professional to professional, you have some
major design flaws in your invention:

1. There's too much inconsistency in the front-end protrusion.

2. It chatters constantly at high speeds.

3. Most of the rear ends are too soft and wobble too much.

4. The intake is placed way to close to the exhaust.

5. The maintenance costs are outrageous."

"Hmmm, you may have some good points there," replied God,
"hold on." so God went to his celestial super computer, typed in
a few words, and waited for the results.

The computer printed out a slip of paper and God read it.

"Well, it may be true that my invention is flawed," God tells Arthur,
"but according to these numbers, way more men are riding my invention than yours" !!!

276498=8679-2r7c575.jpg

Apr 27, 2010
Anatomical chart of the Female body found across from DK-Hotel - Mae Sot.
1ibgx3.jpg

(I couldn't resist this one, what can i say?...)

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
DaRider;276994 wrote: Anatomical chart of the Female body found across from DK-Hotel - Mae Sot.

(I couldn't resist this one, what can i say?...)
Girl with breasts but no vagina... seems about right for Thailand :D ...

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
I spotted this Toyota near Pakse. Note the fuel tank mounted on top of the engine.

OH what a feeling…Toyota.

DSCF2769.jpg

DSCF2770.jpg

Moto-Rex

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
2wheels;277628 wrote: It's good to have friends.
Out of fuel? Broken down? Can't restart?
Mai pen rai, coerce a couple of mates to get you going/keep you going.
Love the way the local guys do this.
Note their protective clothing too.

277628=9523-DSC00561.jpg
I like their protective footwear!

Nov 2, 2008
There's no picture JB!

A informative article from 2 years ago;

U.S. Government to Limit Motorcycle Engine Output to 75 Horsepower

Acting preemptively in light of the European Union's recent push towards limiting motorcycle horsepower to 100, Congress has quietly passed a transportation bill that will cap motorcycle engine output at 75 hp.At a press conference today, DOT spokesman Melvin P. Meyers announced that "We can't lag behind Europe's progressive stance towards two-wheeled moderation."

The bill not only limits the horsepower of current and future motorcycle models, it retroactively applies to any registered bike on the road, and will take effect as early as January, 2011. "In the interest of public safety," Meyers explains, "law enforcement officials will clamp down on any and all motorcyclists who violate the law."The bill outlines numerous electronic and mechanical implements that reduce engine output. For instance, fuel-injected powerplants will be fitted with revised engine management chips and/or throttle bodies, while older carbureted bikes will have a reduction gear attached to the throttle assembly. In instances where owners choose to retain the mechanical authenticity of their motorcycles, a banana can also be slipped into the exhaust pipe(s). At the discretion of state police, mobile dynamometers may be utilized for field tests.

Both the Motorcycle Industry Council and the American Motorcyclist Association have lobbied against the bill, in addition to most manufacturers including Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Triumph, and Yamaha.

There has been no comment from Harley-Davidson, though Forbes reports that Harley stock has jumped 12 percent on the announcement.*

Nov 2, 2008
Always thought Harley's were not reliable enough to travel long distances.....

Here is a better link the shows more of the HD's recent journey. As someone that has beach combed the west coast of the Charlotte's, it is a joy finding the weird and wonderful stuff that has floated across the oceans. I have a small collection of glass fishing floats that I'm proud off, but would never have dreamed of this type of find.

As kids we got excited over old plastic bottles with Japanese writing! :thumbup:

Sep 1, 2011
279312=10795-ATT00001.jpg
No matter how old you become, there is always something toward which the ageing touring motorcyclist can look.