Fallibilities / Funnies / Stuff Ups..........

Kiwi Cruiser

Ben Kemp
Staff member
May 26, 2007
Thailand
On 118, 5 kms north of Mae Suai... A Pumpkin Too Far?

nissan-no-axle.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
backdoorphil wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]Who knows where this one is......

route-1091-nan-chun-008.jpg

A one off no doubt, it is sign posted only "one way" but it's a beauty.
I might...

THE LOCATION: N19 08.120 E100 16.236
Outside Wat Thatsanaram
Ban Kong Lae
Approx 1.6 kms south of Pong, just off route 1091.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Not so funny...the number of bike accidents...
This Youtube video from Norway give a strong message in this parody:

End title says: "8 of 10 car/bike collisions are caused by the car driver not seeing the motorcycle."

[youtube:1a9plaev] /youtube:1a9plaev]

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Spotted at the 101 Tea Plantation in Doi Mae Salong yesterday.
img_5907.jpg

BTW just a note: this thread has been cleaned up & only Thailand / Motorcycle related posts have been retained.
General jokes not related to "Thailand Motorcycle Touring" have been deleted.
There are scores of general joke websites elsewhere, but please try to keep your "Fallibilities / Funnies / Stuff Up" posts related what to what this forum is about / we see & do riding our bikes here.
:lol-sign:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
TOUGH AS NAILS...

TUESDAY 27TH JULY 2010

Whilst savouring a cuppa in the Sweet Mae Salong Bakery in Doi Mae Salong, the girlfriend walks outside to get something from the car.
She lets out a small yell & says motorbike accident!
We've heard absolutely nothing sitting inside, but stroll outside to investigate the possibility.
And sure enough there's a couple of young Akha guys picking themselves up off the deck.

The rider with a mate examining his simple wounds
img_5882.jpg

The youngest one has been riding pillion & has a few more scrapes, & we get him to sit down on a bench outside Sweet Mae Salong
img_5883.jpg

note the small graze on his head!

Ouch, this must be sore
img_5885.jpg

img_5886.jpg

Ton from Sweet Mae Salong comes out with a bottle of Betadine & pours it on the young kids wounds. He doesn't flinch or utter a sound & it sure as hell must sting. Not even a sign of a wimper: tough as nails I thought. He wants to go home, but I inist he goes up the road to the medical clinic & get his wounds properly cleaned,& attended too for fear of getting an infection. He doesn't want to go.
I ask Ton if he needs money & he says he doesn't have any. I give him 200 baht & he gives 100 baht back. Ton says 100 is enough. Tough little guy.
We flag down a couple of his Akha mates on another bike riding by & calling out, telling them to take the young fellah to the clinic. He is still not showing any pain, & gets up to walk, but immediately plonks back down on the bench. His mates lift him up, put him on the back of their bike & off they go to the clinic 100 baht in hand.

img_5887.jpg

img_5888.jpg

One hell of a tough little guy, never a wimper or tear shed, but I'm sure he's going to be feeling sore today & tomorrow!

troehr

Dec 21, 2009
daewoo wrote: [quote quote=Kiwi Cruiser]On 118, 5 kms north of Mae Suai... A Pumpkin Too Far?

nissan-no-axle.jpg
Definately looks pumpkined to me...???ed...
Saw one of these last weekend that broke an axle hauling melons.

T

Apr 20, 2009
Not very funny, because it's actually a family fleeing from An Loc toward Saigon on June 19, 1972, during the Vietnam war, but this must be near the record for most people on one bike.

Good one to the dad though for getting his family to safety, however he could. Original here.

vietnam113.sJPG_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.sJPG

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Tard Mork Waterfall .....14th August 2010

A greasy slimy muddy car park..
tard-mork-waterfall_014.jpg

Not easy to stand on & tricky just putting your foot down & letting the clutch out to take off
tard-mork-waterfall_013.jpg

No damage done, just a simple "flop-over."
tard-mork-waterfall_012.jpg

Lucky I was a bit too slow with the camera John.
:thumbup:

Jan 14, 2010
Davidfl wrote: Tard Mork Waterfall .....14th August 2010

A greasy slimy muddy car park..

Not easy to stand on & tricky just putting your foot down & letting the clutch out to take off

No damage done, just a simple "flop-over."
I very nearly did the same thing yesterday 23 Aug, in exactly the same spot. Put the side stand down when we arrived. Leaned the bike over and It just kept going. Luckily, I caught it though. :happy4:

Jun 1, 2008
A New Zealand man caught riding his motorbike along Melbourne's Eastern Freeway with a barbecue strapped to his body was fined $800 today and lost his licence for a month.

The Melbourne Magistrates court was told Michael Wiles, 29, spotted the barbecue where it had been left for a rubbish collection and decided to pick it up and take it home, The Melbourne Age reported.

He threaded his body through the barbecue's frame before setting off on the freeway on January 27, 2008, reaching speeds of up 75kph.

But the bargain hunt came unstuck when a stunned passer-by took a photograph, which was subsequently published in the news media and led to Wiles's identity being revealed and a visit from the police.

Magistrate Lionel Winton-Smith told Wiles he had never encountered a case such as this in all his years as a magistrate.

"I have seen people with perhaps bits of wood sticking out of the car, but a barbecue?" Mr Winton-Smith said.

He settled on describing the case as "ridiculous".

Wiles' lawyer argued the incident was completely out of character for his client, who had emigrated to Australia from New Zealand five months before the event.

His lawyer Paul McClure told the court there had been a further setback as the barbecue turned out to be "a dud".

"That's probably why it was on the side of the road," Mr McClure said.

Pounce

Jan 31, 2010
I' thought I'ld seen a pic of this in an email or similar...

tonykiwi wrote: A New Zealand man caught riding his motorbike along Melbourne's Eastern Freeway with a barbecue strapped to his body ~ snip ~ sticking out of the car, but a barbecue?" Mr Winton-Smith said.

His lawyer Paul McClure told the court there had been a further setback as the barbecue turned out to be "a dud".

"That's probably why it was on the side of the road," Mr McClure said.
image.php?&aid=1455&bbq-kiwi-bike.jpg

Link removed

dad

Jan 21, 2008
Riding Through Phrae A Few Weeks Ago.

140kph 6 lane rough concrete road + 2up. 1 bangled old pickup on other side kerb, decided to have a free repair job at my expense.

Inoticed him start off, looked at road ahead, looked back & he was almost at space on centre strip. Shit full back brake pedal
But as hard as & not working, front good, hard left with front brake + down the gear box so close to kerb & a/h + droping it
Once again. How i managed this as front brake & sharp evasion not viable. Pure luck + my new grandad metzler roadtec tyres,
So good in wet & loose road work surface. Would recomend to all 65+ riders.

I previously had a no pedle problem. Sent the brake to joe's bike shop new dot 4 fluid. No problem since. This was a high tect
Problem. Plastic brakes. Had picked up a plastic bag & was neatly welded to disc + pads.. Only one road rule in los. Expect the
Unexped. Dad

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Friday 3rd September 2010

Stopped on a steep slope on the Mae Pan waterfall road to check the malfunctioning rear brake before the descent ..
img_8466.jpg

& little did I realize that the bike was not in gear, but neutral.
No sooner had I got off the bike & stepped back when away she rolled.

I did manage to catch it, & hold it up in an irretrievable position but on the advice of the bike owner Backdoorphil, watching & chuckling, "just lay it down" & so I did.

And the moral of the story....... :think:

P.S.Photo taken with my camera that I handed to Phil. :lol-sign: