Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Saw these helmet locks on the web

796750378_rGGKm-S.jpg

796750373_d252z-S.jpg

Link removed

does anyone have one & think they are ok?

I think I want one, but mail from the USA was US$40 = US$100 total & that's a bit much.

Any ideas?

What else do you use?

Oct 12, 2005
Not a fool proof method by any means but I've used a simple small padlock, through the D-ring on the helmet, then locked over the brake lever. The ball on the end of the brake (or clutch) lever (if the lock is the right size) keeps the lock from being slid off the lever. Cheap, quick, easy. Though if they want it a simple slash of a knife will free the helmet but at least it keeps the casual grabber at bay.

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
That helmet secure looks nice, compact, and can loop through the helmet face instead of just the D-rings.

Other options here http://www.lockitt.com/accessories_helm ... etguardian including the helmet guardian. Two helmet capable and is pretty unobtrusive behind the license plate. But Thai plates are massive so may not work. Says 11" overall, but an inch per side is lock so only about 9" to work with as far as the plate. No idea how wide the Thai plates are.

Fitted to FJR and works as advertised
HelmetGuardian.jpg

Jan 14, 2010
I left a helmet lock under the seat of Mr Mechanic's ER6 that I 'dropped' last week :oops:

You're welcome to it if you can find it. Let me know and I'll post the key to you.

Aug 27, 2007
I have had 2 full face helmets stolen here in Thailand.( outside a bloody police station ) Both were on the standard pin helmet locks.....the perp sliced through the straps , as Justin mentioned.
The ER6 helmet lock cable under the seat is a pain in the arse...and back!!
I now have the Arai sitting on the mirror ( yeah I know , but it keeps the rain out ) and cable locked through the chin piece to the steering head.

Strength of this cable is dubious , but so far so good.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
To avoid theft, I fit all my bikes with GIVI boxes, gives me more convenience as I also keep there my bike copies, first aid kits so as not to be forced always to fumble with the seats once the a.m. are needed.
Feejer nice pipes and stickers on the FJR's panniers !!!!
Cheers, Franz

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I use one of these Master Gun Locks (supplied by my former employer).
97DSPTsm.jpg
http://www.triggerlock.com/cablelocks.htm

It is a high tensile strength cable and can be used through the d-rings of the helmet (yes they may cut the strap) or through the chin guard of a full face helmet. Very versatile, small and cheap.

Personally I think Davidfl's suggestion is a bit of overkill, especially at that price. :wink:

Jun 1, 2008
I use the same as Dave however pass the cable through the face hole on full face helmet.

Oct 17, 2006
someone stole the stupid Ducati helmet lock off my Ducati in bang saen a few years ago but did not steal the helmet ....weird eh

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Captain Wally wrote: I left a helmet lock under the seat of Mr Mechanic's ER6 that I 'dropped' last week :oops:

You're welcome to it if you can find it. Let me know and I'll post the key to you.
Captain Wally
Picked up the locks at last, after the bike was returned from another long rental.
I've sent you a PM with my mail address for the keys to be posted to.
Many thanks for the generosity.

:D :D :D

Jun 1, 2008
SilverhawkUSA wrote: [quote quote=tonykiwi]I use the same as Dave however pass the cable through the face hole on full face helmet.
"Face hole" -"chin guard" Same/Same :D I think we need better terminology Tony ! :wink:
Ha ha, I made 'face hole' up because I didn't know what it was called. Thanks for educating me :wink: I was thinking 'chin strap' from your post.

Jan 14, 2010
Davidfl wrote:

Captain Wally
Picked up the locks at last, after the bike was returned from another long rental.

Keys will be posted tomorrow.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Captain Wally wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]

Captain Wally

Keys will be posted tomorrow.
Ta muchly Captn Wally, you're a good man.