New border crossing pix

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Aha, anyone recognize this place & been there?

270319341_6PTTH-M.jpg

270319411_U5SKF-M.jpg

270321055_wraSv-M.jpg

Trip report coming, I hope....eh Geoff?

Oct 12, 2005
Geez, that didn't take long did it??? We need some more challenges in an attempt to confound the great minds of CNX.

Ok how 'bout another?

Any body recognize this crossing?

249667371_Xjhfe-M.jpg

249666978_j7BiM-M.jpg

May 29, 2006
www.matward.com
Only from the VN side a few months before it opened to tourists...

We got some serious frowns and hand waving for riding up to this border building, you can see it in the background of Geoff's third shot down.
TayTrang.jpg

23rd Jan 2007
TayTrangmarker.jpg

New customs building or something?
TayTrangcustomsmaybe.jpg

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Looks a little like the new buildings at the Nam Meo crossing but then again, it all looks the same...

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
BignTall wrote: Geez, that didn't take long did it??? We need some more challenges in an attempt to confound the great minds of CNX.

Ok how 'bout another?
Well, a wild guess but is it the Na Son to Huoi Puoc border crossing just a bit south of the Thachang to Tay Trang crossing?

Oct 12, 2005
Well, a wild guess but is it the Na Son to Huoi Puoc border crossing just a bit south of the Thachang to Tay Trang crossing?
Yes it is Na Son Auke. Buy this man a beer, good job.

We were trying to ride from Nong Khiew to Na Son to Thachang and come back into Nong Khiew for a nice off road loop. Sadly we could not find a route to connect Na Son to Thachang. Though I understand there is a road on the vietnam side that woud let you connect the two towns.

Coming back Auke in a few days and shall be off to Laos to grab that Na Son track for you this time. Shame the GPS died on us at the time.

With all the fog i beleive Mat Wards post pics were actually taken in Northern Scotland :) .

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
With all the fog i beleive Mat Wards post pics were actually taken in Northern Scotland :) .
No need to guess this time as the picture is in one of Matt's posts on the Vietnam forum - Pahang on the Laos side and Moc Chau on the Vietnam side (local crossing only) which is a bit north of the Nam Meo - Nam Xoi International crossing