Short Video - A Trip Out And About Northern Laos (thanks Moto-rex)

Ablaze

Mar 10, 2017
Chiang Mai
Spent around 2 weeks driving around the north of Laos. Mostly using the GPS tracks uploaded by Moto-Rex and the GT-rider map of Laos. Loved the people and the amazing riding.

Big thanks to Moto-Rex for submitting some really great tracks, especially the Meung Town to Xieng Kok route. Friend took a bath with the bike the first day, otherwise all smooth riding.

Put together a short video:

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Brilliant video Ablaze, just love the first river crossing, and I bet the near miss with the pick up woke you up.
Your video has got me thinking that I need to get over to Laos for a ride.
Glad your ride worked out well.

Cheers Moto-Rex

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Great vdo. Even like the soundtrack. Impressed too that you walked the dodgy bridges first too.

Getting round that fallen tree must have been a buzz. Was that your own blue rope you carried with you?

Many thanks for the contribution. Glad that GTR was able to help you out for your trip.

Cheers

Ablaze

Mar 10, 2017
Chiang Mai
Great vdo. Even like the soundtrack. Impressed too that you walked the dodgy bridges first too.

Getting round that fallen tree must have been a buzz. Was that your own blue rope you carried with you?

Many thanks for the contribution. Glad that GTR was able to help you out for your trip.

Cheers
Glad you like it! Yes, brought the rope, never know when you will need it for towing or in this case lowering. The bridges are great, gives a little extra character to the trip. Picked up the GT-Rider map in a small bookstore in Luang Prabang, very well made map indeed!

So much to explore in northern Laos, amazing place.

Ablaze

Mar 10, 2017
Chiang Mai
Brilliant video Ablaze, just love the first river crossing, and I bet the near miss with the pick up woke you up.
Your video has got me thinking that I need to get over to Laos for a ride.
Glad your ride worked out well.

Cheers Moto-Rex
Just after we got his drowned bike up from the river we saw the bridge to the right, but still glad we did the crossing. Got some more experience with drying out and fixing a flooded bike and a good laugh.

Had a few close calls with pickups along the way (around corners), but overall quite impressed with how considerate the Lao people were in traffic.