Suspension upgrade CRF250L

Dec 1, 2013
I'm wondering if any one has any experience upgrading their bikes suspension in Thailand and can recommend a good suspension tech preferably in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. I am thinking of buying a Race Tech shock and fork springs kit but I don't feel confident to do the installation work myself. As much as I love this bike it's under-sprung and bottoms out on the trail when loaded up.
Cheers MG

Dec 2, 2013
I installed and EPM progressive spring, fitted air valves-think I will get the gold valving for the front, my rear is a stock shock but again an EPM progressive spring.
RT is good, YSS is a bit expensive, same for Ohlin shock
Mine handles ok for the cost
would add pics but dont seem to figure out how to do that here!

Dec 1, 2013
hockeyrick;300168 wrote: I installed and EPM progressive spring, fitted air valves-think I will get the gold valving for the front, my rear is a stock shock but again an EPM progressive spring.
RT is good, YSS is a bit expensive, same for Ohlin shock
Mine handles ok for the cost
would add pics but dont seem to figure out how to do that here!
So did you do the instal yourself?

bradmeister

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 7, 2017
Bangkok
www.bdsperformance.co.th
I'm wondering if any one has any experience upgrading their bikes suspension in Thailand and can recommend a good suspension tech preferably in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. I am thinking of buying a Race Tech shock and fork springs kit but I don't feel confident to do the installation work myself. As much as I love this bike it's under-sprung and bottoms out on the trail when loaded up.
Cheers MG
Good day all,
Not that I typically respond to old posts/Threads but......
The CRF 250, 250L and the New Rally have suspension solutions from Ohlins and Race Tech.
The Race tech fronts seem to be working Best with the Ohlins rear. Why you ask? Since the Race tech is a modification with returning springs and fluid to BOTH tubes, not just an increased spring rate to 1 side.

If your not more than about 85 kilos, you could get away with the stiffer Ohlins in the front and the MX TTX Rear. If you are closer to the 95-100 Kilo Mark...The Race Tech Fronts are preferred, but again, they are ofered in only 1 Spring rate at the time if this posting.

Below are the Pics of said Mods......
race-tech-crf250l-high-performance-fork-spring-kit[1].jpg

Untitled.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 1, 2013
Yes this was an old post I have had the Ohlins rear shock and fork spring setup for more than a year now, it was installed by Dirt Shop Bangkok and I'm very happy the bike rides so much better in all situations, highly recommended !!

Reactions: scotty007
Jun 1, 2013
Good day all,
Not that I typically respond to old posts/Threads but......
The CRF 250, 250L and the New Rally have suspension solutions from Ohlins and Race Tech.
The Race tech fronts seem to be working Best with the Ohlins rear. Why you ask? Since the Race tech is a modification with returning springs and fluid to BOTH tubes, not just an increased spring rate to 1 side.

If your not more than about 85 kilos, you could get away with the stiffer Ohlins in the front and the MX TTX Rear. If you are closer to the 95-100 Kilo Mark...The Race Tech Fronts are preferred, but again, they are ofered in only 1 Spring rate at the time if this posting.

Below are the Pics of said Mods......
View attachment 3962

View attachment 3963

Cheers.

Which Chiang Mai shop is competent enough to install either the Ohlins or RT front suspension upgrade and more importantly which person?
This would be on a 2014 CRF250M and not for racing.

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Which Chiang Mai shop is competent enough to install either the Ohlins or RT front suspension upgrade and more importantly which person?
Had mine done at CMS - Chiangmai Motorsport
They on FB. Ohlins dealer.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com

if you want the best, 5-star professional work BDS & Brad are # 1 in Thailand.
Used, & highly recommended by myself & multiple riders around the kingdom.

Reactions: Oddvar