The 10 Day Northern Thailand Ride (we’ve Returned)

Discussion in 'Touring Northern Thailand - Trip Reports Forum' started by Gregthemagnificent, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Deano747

Deano747 Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    "My favorite part of the ride was the loop from Nan 1026 , 4010, 1217 and 1216."

Thanks for this - I haven't done that loop previously & now saved for my next trip up.

2. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    That 790 is an Impressive Bike on the Spec Sheet. I will be interested to hear a Report about it once You have had a chance to ride it a while? Please post a report on the Forum so we can see? Cheers Mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,593 / 0 / -0
    If there was a town that summed up the essence of the trip & touring in North Thailand, what was the vote for the favourite overnight stop?

4. Gregthemagnificent

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Favourite overnight stop was Chian Dao Hut. I had the best room and the only one with air con. We liked the location, nice and quiet, and the rustic rooms that
    appeared to be made of old packing crates. The guarden and settings are nice and random, giving the place a foresty feeling. The resturant area is open and lends its self to sitting around drinking beer. And the owner/manager was very friendly and helpful.

DSCN3885.

DSCN3889.

Its difficult to pick a town that summed up the essence of the trip, but I liked Phayao. The street running along the lake side is interesting and scienic.
    I also liked Chiang Kham, no tourists and the Rom Mai Sangchan Restaurant out the back of the Chiang Kham Grand villa is spacious and authentic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Moderator

Ratings:
    +239 / 0 / -0
    Great report Greg.

I think Chiang Dao Huts is pretty hard to beat. Nothing like being in one of the huts during a big thunder storm, with the rain beating on the roof, and the flashers of light from the lightening coming through the window.
    The restaurant across the road had great food the last time I was there.

Moto-Rex