Up For A Ride - Who's Coming?

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Anyone planning anything for this coming wednesday? It's been a while since I've been out on the DRz and fancy doing some small roads/hardpack dirt. Maybe head out to Samoeng, over to Mae Hae then south down to intercept the Doi Inthanon road at Khun Klang before heading back to town in a roundabout way...

According to David's map, the roue would be easy on a trailbike or a motard so get those KLXs and D-Trackers out boys & girls!

Any takers? I'll be at the X-Centre for a 10am departure if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Jeff - I am really pissed, this is the second one of your rides I have missed and due to the very same reason.

Not happy!
:evil:

Ally

ps Have a great ride you lucky gits.

BJ

Aug 27, 2008
Anybody up for a leisurely day ride over the next couple of weeks.
I am not really fussed where and open to suggestions.
I can go most days apart from Tuesday and Wednesdays. Weather permiting of course.
Mainly black stuff for the ER though. Let me know.

BJ

Apr 20, 2009
I'm down, and I'll throw another ER6 into the mix. One of these days we need to organize an ER6 ride for the Chiang Mai area so everyone can get a chance to meet.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
BJ wrote: Anybody up for a leisurely day ride over the next couple of weeks.
I am not really fussed where and open to suggestions.
I can go most days apart from Tuesday and Wednesdays. Weather permiting of course.
Mainly black stuff for the ER though. Let me know.

BJ
Hmmh. Interested, but locked into Phi Ta Khon leaving on the 24th /25th + have to slip up to CEI & maybe Mae Sot beforehand. The weather's going to be a deciding factor at the moment & it looks like most of the rain is coming from the West. So MHS is probably not the best option, meaning straight North or Nan could make more sense. But then again...

BJ

Aug 27, 2008
Another ER would be good HT
And David like I said I'm farely flexible with times.
I really can't Wednesdays. Apart from that whatever suits.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I should have Tues 16th free so plan to take a run down to Om Koi & back to look at the flood damage. (Builders tomorrow & weather Tuesday depending.)

ROUGH OUTLINE
Depart from Bier Stube at 9.00AM.
Ride to Hot & regroup.
Drink stop outside Ob Luang Nat park.
Ride to Om Koi; hang out in & around Om Koi for 1 1/2 hrs, lunch & take photos of flood damage then return to Cnx with photos along R1099.
Drink stop at Nat Park HQS, then ride into Cnx at your own pace.
Happy hour drinks at Kafe?

Will confirm late tomorrow. So watch this space.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: I should have Tues 16th free so plan to take a run down to Om Koi & back to look at the flood damage. (Builders tomorrow & weather Tuesday depending.)

ROUGH OUTLINE
Ride to Hot & regroup.
Ride to Om Koi; hang out in & around Om Koi for 1 1/2 hrs, lunch & take photos of flood damage then return to Cnx with photos along R1099.

Sorry lads I'm out.........
564226798_ECnaa-M.jpg

564226843_SfDS6-S.jpg

Yep the electrical gremlins are back. :oops:

But unbelievably it all happened 300 metres from Piston Shop. My lucky day yet again! :lol: :lol:

Go here
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorc ... t5860.html
for more gremlin "goodies."

But there's no reason why you guys don't do the run anyway.
I can't go Wednesday & have something else planned for the end of the week. Plus I want to do a few Samoeng loop runs now to see if my gremlin buddy is still with me or gone away "forever." :roll: :roll:
Have a nice one while I sweat riding for a bit longer.

Attachments

• 564226798_ECnaa-M.jpg
    564226798_ECnaa-M.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 564226843_SfDS6-S.jpg
    564226843_SfDS6-S.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 89
Apr 20, 2009
Davidfl wrote: I should have Tues 16th free so plan to take a run down to Om Koi & back to look at the flood damage. (Builders tomorrow & weather Tuesday depending.)

ROUGH OUTLINE
Ride to Hot & regroup.

Yikes! I just rolled back into town this evening and checked the thread. Had been up in Mae Ai helping the girlfriend's family pick lychee since Saturday. I see that David is out, and I'm assuming tomorrow is off as well because no one has posted anything?

Count me in - how about next Friday 19/06 ?

Cheers Ken
Friday then?

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
If anybody is still interested for a ride on Friday 19/06 ( Tues, Wed & Thurs engaged). What say we meet at Bier Stube bar on the eastside of the moat @ 1000 hrs for those who need their beauty sleep, leave 1015 hrs. Lunch on the lake at Doi Tao is a suggestion am open to any other ideas. Hope your Honda gets well soon Davidfl and Dandered are you still out there & riding ?

Cheers Ken F

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Suggested Ride.

The next MotoGP is Assen on Saturday June 27.

Late Saturday morning ride up R118 to Chiang Rai.

Stay at the Nimseeseng Hotel in Chiang Rai.
Eat at the Nim's 6th floor rooftop pub & restaurant plus watch MotoGP there on their huge projection screen.
After the race go downtown & check out the sights 'n sounds.

Sunday
1. Breakfast at the GT Rider webmaster's ABC cafe.
2. After brekky, return to Chiang Mai via Mae Chan - Tha Ton - Fang - Chiang Dao - Chiang Mai.

A great over night trip: The Chiang Rai Loop!

I will be in Dan Sai / Loei, but why not organize a run up to Chiang Rai for the night. If I were to be in Chiang Mai I would be doing it. So come on you guys please do it. :)

Jun 19, 2009
I just got into town a couple of days ago. Mark at Pirates Cove suggested i post on here, asking if anyone wants to join me for a ride on the Samoeng Loop tomorrow. Experienced rider but no gear so not going too crazy. I rented one of marks little 150's today and had a blast around town and up to Doi Suthep. Even with GT_riders map i was lost most of the time, but that's part of the fun. But for a longer ride might be nice to have someone lead the way...and dice it up with.

Rog

Jun 19, 2009
Davidfl wrote: Suggested Ride.

Eat at the Nim's 6th floor rooftop pub & restaurant plus watch MotoGP there on their huge projection screen.

Sunday
2. After brekky, return to Chiang Mai via Mae Chan - Tha Ton - Fang - Chiang Dao - Chiang Mai.

I will be in Dan Sai / Loei, but why not organize a run up to Chiang Rai for the night. If I were to be in Chiang Mai I would be doing it. So come on you guys please do it. :)
Pretty sure I'll still be here on the 27th. If i haven't killed myself yet, Id like in on this.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
roger brancher wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl]Suggested Ride.

Sunday

Pretty sure I'll still be here on the 27th. If i haven't killed myself yet, Id like in on this.
No one interested in doing this Assen MotoGP loop to Chiang Rai then?

Apr 20, 2009
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=roger brancher][quote quote=Davidfl]Suggested Ride.

Sunday

No one interested in doing this Assen MotoGP loop to Chiang Rai then?
I rode up to Chiang Rai this last weekend and spent Saturday and Sunday night up there. Sadly, it seemed like a ghost town compared to last time I passed through. I stopped by the Nimseeseng Hotel for a beer, and the breeze up there is heaven, but I was the only person in the place.

I'm just thinking that this weekend a lot of guys are heading out to Dan Sai, and an overnighter to Chiang Rai might be a little more fun if a few people join in. Just thinking out loud.

Roger, if you're still up for something this weekend I'll meet up. If it's only 2 of us maybe we can stick closer to Chiang Mai though? Unless there is anyone else that wants to go to Chiang Rai. It'd be good fun if a couple of people join in.

Jun 1, 2008
Maybe not the right place to post but I arrived CNx today. Am hopefully arranging a bike today for first up ride tomorrow (Wednesday now).

I called into the Kafe but not sure who is around and who isn't.

I'll just be mooching around town if anyone is in the mood for a beer. 0813821822

Internet is a bit hit and miss in the guest house so I wont be checking forum too often unntil it is sorted out.
T

BJ

Aug 27, 2008
HT

Yes you can count me in.
Sounds like a good ride and I want to watch Assen GP also.
I can meet you at about 12 opposite Doi Saket Hospital on the 118.
Let me know if that suits.

Jun 19, 2009
HTWoodson wrote: All right then. I sent roger brancher a PM, hopefully he's still in Chiang Mai! Anybody else?
I'm actually still up in Pia. Not sure if I can make it back down in time now. Still have to ride up to Mai Hong Son today, then shoot back into Chiang Mai. What time are you thinking of leaving? How long is the ride to Chiang Rai?

BJ

Aug 27, 2008
Ok I will see you Saturday Noon HT for the
Big GT riders Moto GP Chiang Rai weekend.
Looking firward to it and meeting you. And a nice ride
on the weekend. Anyone else want a ride come along.