Wanted: Suzuki Caribbean or Sporty

Oct 20, 2003
Looking for a cheap 4x4 Suzuki Caribbean or Sporty.

About 1995 vintage is probably in my price range...Something with reasonable (rust free) bodywork.
Interior and engine not important, would even consider non runner...

Prefer private sale.

Please PM or post here if you have any info etc. Thanks.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Trevbart,
There is a Really Nice Caribbean at the Beauty / Hair Salon in front of Four Seasons Resort in Mae Rim. Red Colour, Pick up with Extended Cab. Very Clean and Original. I would Buy it Myself but already have one!!! Call Her on 053-298138. Her name is Kate. I doubt She Speaks much English so get a Thai Speaker to Call or else Just Ride out and Take a look Yourself
:wink: Good Luck Mate! Come and Show me at the X-Centre if You Buy it?

Oct 20, 2003
Thanks Ian,

Will take a look when I get back in a week. It may be a bit too nice for what I have planned though! Engine swap, lift and possibly convert to soft top...

Cheers,
Bob

Nov 2, 2008
trevbart wrote: found a good one! will be posting pictures of the build soon.
Looking forward to local build pics! Was thinking same, same before we'd moved here as I'd seen many for sale in CM. Meaning I was planning to bring gear from two Zuk suppilers close to my previous home; Breeze, Spring over pros, lift kits and fantastic service (many friend ran their gear, and had hands on with a couple of builds) and Acme adapters provides VW diesel engine adapters.

What kind of engine swap are you planning?

Oct 20, 2003
Here it is, stock suzuki. Body is great for its age, only 2 small rust spots in the passenger foot well. No rust anywhere else! I don't think it's been off road at all (yet!)

IMAG0056.jpg

Runs fine but...1.3 underpowered
DSCN0909.jpg

New engine arrives! 1.6 16v ex Suzuki Vitara.
DSCN0916.jpg

Plus all the wiring :shock:
IMAG0058-1.jpg

After a few days wiring reduced to minimum for engine.
IMAG0065.jpg

Test run! All looks good. No check engine light and sounds nice.
DSCN0919.jpg

Strip out dash to integrate wiring and rip out all the old unused engine wires.
IMAG0063.jpg

Old engine out, Just had new clutch fitted by the looks :lol:
IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0078.jpg

Gearbox with new seals ready to mate with new engine...
IMAG0081.jpg

Lots more to do when I get back in a month...to be continued.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Well done Bob; you;ve been a busy man. Sounds like a big project coming on, but something that I know you enjoy doing. Keep up the good work & reports.
I hope to see you next time off work & go for a ride to keep that Tiger of yours in good shape.